Windscreen washer problem

Currently reading:
Windscreen washer problem

D

Daron

Hi there,
I have a 1999 bravo 100 hlx. 60K on clock.
For a while now, the windscreen washer furthest from the tank has struggled to produce a jet of water! Its stopped completly now so I had a little fiddle with it, took it out and cleaned it completly but still no jet? there is definatly fluid travelling up to the unit itself but i'm not sure whether its powerful enough to make its way through the unit- perhaps a blockage in the pipe? any hints or ideas would be greatly received!

Also- if i'm ot pushing my luck!- I have an intermitant problem where I seem to lose power from the engine. It really struggles to climb up the revs in 2nd and 3rd and sometimes judders! Its not all the time but the few times i've noticed it its been pissing down with rain! I'm about to take it to a garage but thought i'd ask here first so I don't get ripped off (too much anyway!).
Many thanks
Daron

Washers:
check the pipes for blockage and your motor can be on its way out. Also check if there is any residue on the tanks botom it may be blocking the intake of the pump.

Power loss:
when was last you changed the plugs, leads, oil, oil, fuel, air filter ?

svenjtd.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

Cheers, i'll check the tank and such.
Last had a service about 8000 miles ago- not sure exactly what was done though, gonna book it in soon for another. Not sure whether to mention the problem and risk gettin ripped off or just get it serviced and see whether it sorts it out?

like sven said best to do the easy things first i.e plugs leads etc if that dont cure it then go further why not try the service yourself it is quite simple if your handy with a spanner that is :)

Thanks guys,
think i'll leave it to the professionals tho! Don't mind tinkerin with the electrics n'stuff- but the engine scares me!
Hopefully a service will cure but if not...i'll be back!