Technical Windows Open Up

Currently reading:
Technical Windows Open Up

leighmt

Hello there,

I've got a 03 reg Stilo. I have to open it with a key, not a fob, but when i put the key in the lock and turn it to open it, both front windows open automatically? I've figured out when this happens, i'll try to explain it using a clock face...
I put the key in and it's straight - say 12 o'clock - and I have to turn the key to the right to unlock it - to quarter past - but when turning the key back to original position to take the key out if there is the slightest pause on the diagonal - at ten past - then that's when the windows come all the way down!? I had great fun when it was snowing!!
I'm not sure if it is a fault or if this is supposed to be a wonderful design feature by Fiat :rolleyes: and is there maybe an override somehow? :confused:

Can anyone out there offer any help and advice?

Thanks, Leigh :)

Sounds as though you have a sticky lock or something. Stilo puts the windows down if you hold the key fob button down or if you turn the key in the lock and hold it. Should be an easy fix, or you will just need to double check your windows were up. I have not had this problem personally, but I'm sure someone on here will have and will be able to offer a solution .

I agree, i think the lock is sticking. If you hold the key in position long enough, the windows will come down, its the same if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote fob.

I suggest, for starters, getting some wd40 into the lock barrel and give it a good squirt, see if that helps...could be a bit dirty and sticky from being used with the key more than it was designed to!

Thanks guys! i'll give that a try to see if it helps x

Back