windows live messenger?

Currently reading:
windows live messenger?

last week i think, MSN 7.5 made me install windows live messenger, but for some reason it wont let me sign in, just tried to sign in then goes back to the log in screen.

re installed it twice as well as downloading it again.

windows and sygate aren't blocking it.

can't think of much else?

cheers

Got the same problem your windows installer may have bitten the dust like mine has.

you can use web messenger though to get you by

I installed it and all it did was slow my computer right down,I reinstalled an older version and then went to messenger folder on my c drive,open it and right click on the Msmsgs.exe icon--then choose properties--then click on compatability here you change the setting from windows 95 to windows 2000--click ok and that will allow to run older version without being nagged to update to live messenger

yeh that's what im doing at the min, any way of sorting it?

well i cant install anything new at all, so resigned to not getting it sorted, it wont even let me install windows installer!!

Will try maccas tip though and see if that works however i run xp and not winodws 95/2000 would that make a difference?

Bonzer... now which was the earliest version of MSN that would let you sign in as "offline"? I like to be able to sign in, check emails and bugger off unnoticed :)

Currently using the old-skool Windows Messenger that comes with XP, since the latest Windows Live thing is full-on hardcore bloatware, but this old version doesn;t have the offline feature.

Back