Styling window tints

Currently reading:
Styling window tints

BIGG WILL

hi i would like to get the 3 rear windows(hope that makes sense) of my mk2 punto tinted black. i am just wunderin what kind of money i would be spendin. halfrauds do it for £135. but i dont really want to get them done there.

any information would be great.

thanks

heres a pic of my old car (black one ) windows look better tinted on a black car

you can clearly see the difference

old_new2.jpg

Last edited:
Deffo the area mate, all the places charge more or less the same. And i have seen some good jobs.

I ain't gotta worry though, my uncle works for turbo windscreens, will do my back three for a drink (y)

IIRC the front side windows are not allowed to be more than 30% tint (70% light transmission) or the PCs can stop you driving the car until they are removed. No worries on the back windows.

Mine black with heavy tints on the three back windows. Looks cool, but its like driving a van. You need good door mirrors.

IIRC the front side windows are not allowed to be more than 30% tint (70% light transmission) or the PCs can stop you driving the car until they are removed. No worries on the back windows.

Mine black with heavy tints on the three back windows. Looks cool, but its like driving a van. You need good door mirrors.
This is misleading and a very misunderstood subject.

If you get a light meter on the stock window you will find it is tinted 15-20% as standard even though it doesn't look it. So tinting the front windows isn't really worth it.

Back