Styling window tints

Currently reading:
Styling window tints

Punto Powa said:
I'm a bit confused, the law says that any window tints that obscure the driver's vision a suitable amount is illegal. Yet, if the windows look untinted from the inside, with the driver looking out, surely there isn't an obscuration to the driver :confused:[/QUOTE

I think the ruling was brought in to make life easier for the average bobby, before they had to have a light meter to measure the amount of tint before they could say if it was illegal, so only a few police cars were able to do this. With this new law any PC can have you. Another way to make money in line with the speed cameras imo. If it were not they could have still allowed tints to a specified limit.

Steve

Those tints are looking really nice Mr Coates!

Not too over the top, but it's obvioulsy tinted, the effect that I would like! :)

I might consider going a bit darker on the rear windscreen tho! ;)

Really the rear screen is MUCH darker than the picture shows, I'm sure that the camera is compensating a fair bit by lightening the picture.

I'm very happy with it either way, the second pic is how it looks at most angles until you look directly through the window to a window on the other side. So when it's dark it's really dark, when it's light you can see that it's obviously tinted but not like a limo.

Definitely - I didn't want to make it look like a limo, I'd just be worrying everytime I saw a Police car.

As for removal - sounds like a hairdrier and a LOT of patience is the key...

i ment take them off if i kept gettin hassled by the police about them not cause i dont think they wont look good :p :cool:

To get 'em off you need to get some tint-strip available from e-bay, and inject it under the tinting film... Start from the edges. Get a scraper (one for glass that won't scratch the window) and slide it under the tinting film. it'll probly peel off in strips and be very anoying, and once its off you need to wash the windows cos the adhesive that sticks the tint to the window tends to stay there. Its a pain in the ass, and I'm going to have to take mine off soon.

Edit: If you can, its probably a windows out job... Thats how I got my tints on in the first place.

Um, I thought it was 85% whatever Light Smoke is (I think Light smoke is 85%). Anyway it has to let visible light pass both ways, which I think screws mirrored tints up a bit cos they let more light through only one way.

No tint on the front windscreen (hopefully that's obvious though!!!).

65% has to get through the front windows, the rear you can do what you like.

Back