Styling window tints

Currently reading:
Styling window tints

marky23

has anyone, or know anyone who has had there windows tinted i was just wanting to get an estimate of how much its gunna cost and also wots the law on having the front window done cos some i have seen are done and some aint cheers. mk1 punto

From what I have read it is no tint forward of the pillars any thing you want behind, some places will still tint every thing for you though just do'nt do the fronts to dark. I know of a few people around here that have been lucky and have just had instant £30 fines, others have had to have the front tints removed in 7 days. Matter of luck I think.

Steve

I've just had a quote for mine up here in Scotland from a company using Johnson Films and it's £90 which I think is a spanking price.

I'm getting a 30vlt tint for the rear screen and rear side windows (nothing on the front ones to be safe).

It will look rubbish if you tint the rears but leave the front, don't want it to look like a van do you! :rolleyes:

cheers guys just been on ebay there is a few kits for sale not much but will probs go to a pro cos i am rubbish at owt like that lol

Punto Powa said:
It will look rubbish if you tint the rears but leave the front, don't want it to look like a van do you! :rolleyes:

The problem I've got is that I don't want it to be illegal, I'm not going for a mad limo effect in the back, just a subtle shade down. As 70% needs to get through, there is no way I can do that. I believe the tints are graded by number in terms of how much goes through and the highest they have is 51%.

I've chosen a 35%, so do you think I'd be better going for a 51% all round?

I had 80% all round (means it lets in around 19-20% of light)
i got pulled in a millitary style operation on the way to southend sea front and was ordered to remove them immediately.
due to recent incidents with a few of my friends a couple of things came to light
a little under 50% light getting through is £30 fine no points
a little over 50% light getting through is a slapped wrist

my thoughts are to get them done and take em off when ur told.

incidently anyone who is interested in the south i can get them done for £25 per window regardless of tint and £30 per window for moonraker tints (faded to silver)

pm me if you are interested

Cheers Andy,

I've actually just had a chat with them and they said to go for 40% from their experience.

Certainly not to bother with 35% just on the rears (which I wasn't overly keen on but wanted something.

Heck, I NEVER do anything vaguely illegal so I'm sure 40% tints aren't exactly going to put me on the local "most wanted" list!!!

Incidentally, I can get them done tomorrow and it'll work out £30 per window in the Johnson film which is really good value. The company even check their work 2 weeks later to make sure it's spot on.

it sounds like you have a good company there mate.

the guy who did mine did my back screen 3 times and said nothing of it as he wanted it perfect i couldn't even see what he was moaning about but he did it again anyway

Totally agree, a place that has higher standards than the customer is good to find!

And with there being a bit of a lower profile up here in Scotland it's good to get hold of some decent places for those who are up here.

I've seen some serious looking Punto's up here so obviously they're getting their mods done somewhere.....

Get some pics on when you get it done mate.

Am thinking of getting some on mine, sounds like it might be cheaper than I thought. :)

Can you tint the rear window, and rear side windows as much as you like?

I was thinking of getting them done pretty damn dark and the front ones the legal limit.

Anyone got any opinions on how this will look, or indeed some pics? (y)

Will do fella - good to hear from you again too!

Back three you can do what the hell you like, the fronts "have" to let 70% in but sounds like you'll get away with more than that from a purely visual point of view.

If the fronts look like a limo you're asking for trouble obviously.

I was debating on what to do with the rears as I wasn't going to bother with the fronts as there would be a big contrast. So we'll see how the 40%> gets on.

Will get pics on ASAP though, as I say, it's in to be done tomorrow so perhaps I'll get some pics on tomorrow night weather permitting (so that it doesn't look too dark if it's a dark/miserable day).

Absolutely, if the very worst were to happen, it would be £60 wasted (for the front two). Right now, I'll take the chance.

I'll put up pics of how it looks inside and out and you can then hopefully use them to decide whether you want more, less or the same level.

Back