General Window falls open

Currently reading:
General Window falls open

Ross1979

Hi, my passenger window falls open for some reason. The electric switch doesn't seem to do anything either.

I slide the window by hand up to the top but after an hour or so of driving or going over a speed bump it starts to open very slightly.

I want to have a look at it myself but not too sure what i'm looking for? I guess it'll be pretty obvious once I get the panel off of the door (will it???). Also is there anything that will block access to what i need to see??

Cheers

The mechanism should slide on runners attached to the window glass. With luck it will have come off the runners, but I have seen the runners corrode away to nothing. If they have corroded, get a complete replacement window, you can't get the runners off easily, and they don't stick to well when refitting.

If the runner has failed then, if the mechanism is working, wind it up under the window glass, and disconnect the motor until you can get a new one.

The window comes out through the top, you need to, carefully, remove the window bottom rubbers.

Cheers

D

Back