General Will they write my Sei off?

Currently reading:
General Will they write my Sei off?

I would still however like an appology for you for stating such things in the first place about a newbie who you have never met.

Well you will be waiting a while - Its a public forum, free speech is allowed, i didnt break any rules, no racism or anything like that, if a mod is unhappy with any posts ill let them deal with me, but i cant see where i have broken the rules, unless theyve snuck in a rule saying you should apologise to newbies if they dont agree with what they say? Ill let a mod remind me of that rule, although no doubt many of us will owe apologies out in that case

I will apologise though for the thanks as i was on my phone and it doesnt show up i can see that there was thanks there now i am on my PC but thats it

Last edited:
Its your decision not to apologise and I respect that. However its not so much that I have not agreed with what you have said, I did, I thanked you. I am actually taking your advice and not going straight out alone, but I will not be lining a driving instructors pocket thats for sure. Its more that you made degrogatory comments about me without knowing the full picture. However if you don't want to appologie thats cool, I won't lose sleep about it, after all I don't know you.

Have a great day (y)

Last edited:
Its your decision not to apologise and I respect that. However its not so much that I have not agreed with what you have said, I did, I thanked you. I am actually taking your advice and not going straight out alone, but I will not be lining a driving instructors pocket thats for sure. Its more that you made degrogatory comments about me without knowing the full picture. However if you don't want to appologie thats cool, I won't lose sleep about it, after all I don't know you.

Have a great day (y)

On another note I crashed into the back of an AA van after doing a 14 hour shift and 2 hours drive from home nights I might add so does that make me a bad driver as I live 2 hours from home when I worked there?

Its more that you made degrogatory comments about me without knowing the full picture. However if you don't want to appologie thats cool, I won't lose sleep about it, after all I don't know you.

Well thats a matter of opinion r.e derogatory comments

Sadly i dont want to apologise because i dont feel i have anything to apologise for

But like you said we will both get on with it, no ones loosign sleep etc and ill be there should the need arise to be advised again along with many others (y)

On another note I crashed into the back of an AA van after doing a 14 hour shift and 2 hours drive from home nights I might add so does that make me a bad driver as I live 2 hours from home when I worked there?

You tell us? What do you think?

Based on what has been said it sounds like you was asleep or nodding off at the wheel? you had been up 18 hours at least (14hrs + your 2 2hr journies)

I dunno dude I thought I'd add my side to the argument saying yes human error and I was looking for a gap before my turn to merge on the RB

but I don't see how its seen as a result of bad driving yes I was very tired up almost 20 hours and still driving I don't drink coffee or tea or energy drinks I don't think I was nodding off but still just because someone is tired doesnt mean they are bad drivers

I'd say I'm adverage with my driving skills but who knows best? What's your opinion should I of pulled over n slept in my car half way home on the M1 or carry on and risk tired driving? Only happened once in the 10 months I was there

Last edited:
but I don't see how its seen as a result of bad driving yes I was very tired up almost 20 hours and still driving I don't drink coffee or tea or energy drinks I don't think I was nodding off but still just because someone is tired doesnt mean they are bad drivers

We've seen all the car chase programmes, they say a tired driver is possibly even more lethal than a drunk driver so admitting you was tired, been up 20 hours etc etc probably not a good thing dont think you will win any brownie points for saying that

Its probably poor judgement to keep on going rather than stopping, you say it only happened once in 10 months but thats all it takes, i mean what would have happened if there had been no tow bar on the back? You wouldve been in the back of it, tools etc couldve come flying through the windscreen, the tow bar couldve/probably saved something more serious happen

I'd say I'm adverage with my driving skills but who knows best? What's your opinion should I of pulled over n slept in my car half way home on the M1 or carry on and risk tired driving?

Well if i was in that situation i wouldve had the window down letting in the cold air and maybe stopped at a services not for a sleep but a walk just around the services or to toilet or something -you wouldve had a bit of fresh air then and a stretch

Last edited:
this was all done and the knock was at no less than 5mph and yhes poor judgment/human error was the part and i agree withnyou on all this but put your self in the situation had a car for a week tired after a looooong shift all you want to do is get home goto bed the m1 is LONG when your tired iim not saying its justified or safe BUT in my shoes would YOU mr applesei who i have respect for as i have seen alot of your posts and youve helped me as well would you do the same as what i did? ignoring current experiance and whats seen on tv

just want to get home to goto bed and see your family or sleep in your car about 1/2 way home knowning you will just have to go back in a night or so and do it all again?

blah... why is everyone moaning... driving is dangerous. every human will make an error.
everyone who has drove a car will be in a accident and has had more then one close call and it dont matter how many advance driving schools people have been to.... EVERYONE who drives will be in a car accident in there life and may even unknowingly caused some

we are human and not robots.

Last edited:
BUT in my shoes would YOU mr applesei who i have respect for as i have seen alot of your posts and youve helped me as well would you do the same as what i did?

I drive for a living and work nights so i know my limits so i pull over if i need to - obviously my livelihood is on the line and a lorry causes a lot more damage so we cant really compare unless you drive yourself for a living?

A brief stop just for 5 mins or so can do wonders

I drive for a living and work nights so i know my limits so i pull over if i need to - obviously my livelihood is on the line and a lorry causes a lot more damage so we cant really compare unless you drive yourself for a living?

A brief stop just for 5 mins or so can do wonders

cheers for the words of wisdom:slayer:

Back