General will lowering my punto make it worse over bumps?

Currently reading:
General will lowering my punto make it worse over bumps?

i have been considering getting my punto lowered a bit, but it is allready crap over bumps and i have to travel down 10 miles of contry lanes every day and it feels horrible over the bumps all ready soooooo if i lowered it would it make it worse????

my mums old pug309 just glides down the road :( so not fair lol

2001 Punto sporting in sprint blue with matching Mr Bump air freshner all together now mmmmmmm

Makes your Mr Bump airfreshener very appropriate eh ? :p. Lowering it shouldnt make it much worse on bumps cause you'll still be using standard shocks yea?. If you used uprated (Stiffer) Shocks you would get a very bumpy ride but could take corners faster than any standard pug 309 [8D]

newsig.jpg

lol a 309, hmmm I don't believe you :p

lol its true abou the 309 its an old j reg and its shagged lol rattles night mare turning wheel, crap round roners and i am big so have to shoe horn myslef behind the wheel. but when going down country lanes and over speed bumps it just glides along smoothly compared to my punto sporting wich feels all the bumps. it dont jolt you like a realy low with stiff sports suspension would but you can feel all the bumps alot and its pretty poor. once i am on good roads its fine.

2001 Punto sporting in sprint blue with matching Mr Bump air freshner all together now mmmmmmm

It's a French car, you get French ride quality, simple. That's one thing all French cars (Ren/Cit/Peug) are famous for it.

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
Uno_sign.jpg

Well, all French cars except 106s and Saxos. They ride (and handle) like a bag of spanners [xx(] My parents' Citroen C5, on the other hand, is possibly the comfiest car ever.

And lowering will make your Punto even more bumpy - but should improve the handling so you can go faster :p

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX</font id="navy">

JB3.jpg

Sorry for going OT but: Jonny: Untrue. Citroens for along time have been the most confortable cars around - ignore the picasso however - and this rule generally applies to all French cars, love 'em or hate them, they know how to make it comfortable. Reemember comfort has to come at a price and that's usually the driving experience.

The C5 has the same susp. as the Xantia which is why they are so smooth - it can however make it easier to get car sick because you feel like you're not moving.

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
Uno_sign.jpg

punto shouldn't be to bad over bumps, you sure there is nothing wrong with it, it dosen't go clonk at the back when you drive over bumps does it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newheadrub1.JPG
newheadrub2.JPG
sigpic.JPG

nope there are no horrible noise. guess i can heard a thud sometiems if its a large bump. but even small bumps dont feel smooth. guess its just hwo it was designed if i wasnt driving on country lanes everyday then i wouldnt moan about it.

Back