Technical Will it fit? SE101C distributor onto 1000CL

Currently reading:
Technical Will it fit? SE101C distributor onto 1000CL

Avspotter

Hi all,

Just a quick question confirming if this part will fit onto my engine before I order it! Looking to switch from points to electronic distributor after my points distributor shook itself to pieces (can’t do a conversion, need to start from scratch).

My 1988 Panda 1000CL had a Marelli S181A distributor on it and I’m looking to replace it with a Marelli SE101C, extracted from a 4X4 Sisley. Is that compatible with my 1000CL?

Thanks all

If it's the breakerless one with the module then yes, but it would be helpful if you can get the wiring from coil to dizzy too as the connectors are different. Coil is different too but easy enough to buy separately

its really simple.. with the old distributor you just have the one green wire.. but the new distributor you have the same wire and an ignition live input. simple.
heres one i made earlier..

the wire feeding the ignition coil is an ignition live so just attach the orange wire to the same terminal on the coil.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. The distributor does indeed work and I'm getting a lovely strong spark through the leads. Just had to get the proper coil as the simple barrel coil wasn't compatible.

Back