Tuning will 165 70 r 13s fit on my standard uno steelies??

Currently reading:
Tuning will 165 70 r 13s fit on my standard uno steelies??

dtodd2112

ive got a standard uno with its wobbly thin tyres as standard on 13 inch steel rims. I have been given thicker snow tyres that are also a 13 inch but was wondering if anyone has had any success fitting 165/70/r13s without rubbing on front wheels with the origional rims??? ( i cant remember the exact origional tyre thickness but they are a bit thinner, hope some gurus out there can point me in the right direction!!!!:devil:

They will not rub. They are on the edge to be fitted to 4.5" rims, but they will work. Consider getting some 5" wide wheels from something like a Punto or modern Panda. Snow or winter tyres are soon to be redundant given the climate in the UK?

I just like the chunky look they have:), plus my standard wheels are like scooter tyres!! :eek: and I dont really trust them around corners. And I suppose they would be better in the wet around here we have lots of hills and speed bumps which do my head in.:bang:

I have 155:70/13's on my steel wheels. Is the 70 part the correct size for them steel wheels. I no when I got the car 8 years ago the tyre's were tiny in her so I went slightly bigger looking but can't remember was the 70 part of the tyre size correct or should it be a lower number.

Back