WiFi connection error

Currently reading:
WiFi connection error

dealrocker

My friend has a Dell 15.6" Inspiron 1545 laptop with Windows 7 and using Apple Time Capsule WiFi router. For a past couple of days he has been facing a problem, After running 20 minutes the laptop looses WiFi connection. Can't figure out what causing the drop of the connection. Need your help to get rid of this problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Copuld be a wide range of stuff like this.

First check the drivers are upto date - goto the Dell site, find the model of laptop and download and install the latest drivers for everything.

Is there another router you can connect to to test the connection at all?

Does it happen even when the user is sitting next to the router? (to work out if the laptop is dropping the connection due to lack of signal)

Could even be something as simple as changing the channel!!

Any number of household objects can cause interference. My current router was working just fine, until we changed our cordless house phones. A little bit of swearing (router was also fairly new) and a changed channel later, sorted.

However, if the problem gets progressively worse, it could be the router giving up! I'm currently on router number 4 in about 5 years.

could it be possible, that as the new digital switchover is taking place in my area it is interfeiring with the signals? i have changed the channels and it happens less frequently now but still does every couple of hours. i have an asus thing that came with my contract phone and a netgear m88gt or something like that? sorry if this is thread jacking i just thought seeing as though its on the same topice it would be better than starting a new thread

ps no wireless phone due to sisters ability to run up £300 bills 3 months in a row. however when i use the laptop in my room i can get excellent signal strengths from about 5 other peoples networks on my street and some are not secure?

Back