Technical Widest Alloys on Mk1 Punto.

Currently reading:
Technical Widest Alloys on Mk1 Punto.

Rawb

- Amateur Detailer -
Just finishing off the last thread before I take the massive plunge and spend my bank account on a set of alloys ;) I Joke, only £300 or so fingers crossed.

Ideally im looking at 7J wide alloys 38 ET, All I need to know is whether or not they'll rub on the arches on full lock as all I can understand is that is a MOT failure now. :(

I can add up to 8mm spacers to allow more clearance from the arch liners, so taking that into consideration if needs be.

EDIT - Also what are peoples thoughts on buying alloy wheels from Germany? Seeing as there are wider selections to choose from.

Last edited:
One point i'd like to point out as well

The punto is a Light car - Getting Really wide alloys/tyres on it, when it rains you'll find you will have loss of grip easily, as the car is aqua plaining due to the weight been spread over a much larger area

And you stand no chance in the snow really

Ziggy

The HGT has 185/55 R15 or 195/45 R15 and a heavier engine. Its never short of grip but TCS is handy on slippery surfaces and ABS can kicks in when you plant the pedal.

So much more than 205 tyres would be my tops and dont forget the HGT has a much heavier engine than the 1200s

Okay thanks for the replys guys, really helps me out :D

I can always get 7J wide alloys with some tyre stretch to evade the aquaplaning issues, I've currently got 4 decent steels with 7mm + tread on all, 165 wide so they are ideal for Snow.

Anyones thoughts on importing some alloys from german eBay? With a special recorded courier? (y)

Back