General why wud a car?!?! please help me

Currently reading:
General why wud a car?!?! please help me

Clutch could be worn or damaged. Also believe a dodgy clutch release bearing can cause problems.

Ross

it only happens sometimes, after ive put it in gear.. took my foot of the clutch it revs up to quickly!?!

I can suggest;

a faulty idle control valve that needs replacing.

a dirty idle control valve that needs cleaning.

I wouldn't know much otherwise, best wait for a better response.

still not quite sure what you mean.

you mean when your trying to move the car away in first gear, even though your foot is completly off the clutch, the engine rev's are increasing faster than your speed???
or you mean you are hitting the limiter in first??

still a bit vague TBH.

you could just be wheelspinning

Some early mk2 puntos suffered from revving themselves up esp when pulling up to a stop. they would rev to the limiter and you would have to switch eginine off to stop it. restart and everything ok again. if i remember correctly new throttle body needed. but that depends if thats the same problem with yours of course

what i mean is, say in 3rd gear, increasing my speed, my revs are going up way to fast then what they should be, take my foot off acelerater and it stops, but as soon as i hit it again, even doin in slowly it revs up to like 5rpms when it should only be at about 3?!

Sounds like it's time for a new clutch. Easy job for any mechanic.
Find yourself a small independant garage/car repairer & it won't cost a fortune either.
Ask friends & neighbours to recommend someone local or check out adverts in local paper (Evening Star) for small garages.
Stay away from the big boys & main dealers who will be charging you for the palm trees in reception & the big glass windows.

from your last post tehre ipswich girl, I would firmly say its the clutch.

mk2's are also known for munching thru them pretty quick (I reckon cos theres no foot rest you end up touching it with your foot a lot and hence it wears, thats my 2cents).

not a big job, part is less than £60 (from an autofactor, sometimes fiat doe special offers on valeo (original) clutch kits). and maybe £80-140 in labour & vat.

get them to bleed the clutch system too, and it'll feel like new afterwards(y)

Back