You enter the room to find 3 war bikes.

[Go forwards] [leave]

DSC007961.JPG

You see a Power Generator.

[Investigate] [Go Back]

DSC007981.JPG

The power generator is broken

[Fix] [Go Back]

FIX: You do not have the tools and now you have 3 minutes to escape before the generator explodes.

Them three images look like the beginning of a scary scene from one of them text based RPG click type PC games.

Pressure looks a bit high.
If the boiler hasn't been running then it should be at about 1 Bar.
Turn off the power to the boiler, leave for 5sec then turn back on as boiler may reset.
If that is a low pressure light then the pressure switch could be at fault or if it's a combi then low cold water in pressure.
A combi will have 5 pipes + overflow.

Pressure looks a bit high.
If the boiler hasn't been running then it should be at about 1 Bar.

generally the installer will set the guide needle to the recommended level. in my case it is 1.5 bar, so i guess it depends on the application. so i would have thought the pressure was at the correct level.
plus most boilers will not top up their own water pressure... it has to be done manually with an external valve going to the boiler.

generally the installer will set the guide needle to the recommended level. in my case it is 1.5 bar, so i guess it depends on the application. so i would have thought the pressure was at the correct level.
plus most boilers will not top up their own water pressure... it has to be done manually with an external valve going to the boiler.

The general norm is 0.9/1.1 bar.
The pressure relief valve activates at 3bar so too much standing pressure will mean the chance of blow off when the system is running as temperature and pressure are related.

The main problem is that the system is showing low pressure when the guage is reading 1.5bar so there is obviously enough water in the system.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it looks like you need a heating engineer. Your folks may have an insurance policy that could cover this, so have a word with them if poss.
If you lived closer I could look at it my self.

If you've got hot water its not the boiler, the 3 way valve is usually near the tank. When you turn the heating on you should see a plastic arm move on it.

If you've got hot water its not the boiler, the 3 way valve is usually near the tank. When you turn the heating on you should see a plastic arm move on it.

Yes these things do stick and a tap with a hammer usually does the trick, But...
He said the low pressure light is on..
Hot water could be from Immersion heaters?

Last edited:
Some diverter valves can be moved manualy.

I assume you have hot water?
Does the Hot water tank have a emersion heater in it? (you will see a wire going towards the tank)

Yes these things do stick and a tap with a hammer usually does the trick, But...
He said the low pressure light is on..
Hot water could be from Immersion heaters?

True, always hard to tell without seeing the setup for youself:)

Back