Why oh why?

Currently reading:
Why oh why?

Hello :)

Just heard from my Dad that last night somebody/a group of people went around where I live nicking stereo after stereo from cars where I live.

Firstly you must understand about the place I live. It is quite close to Nottingham town centre, about 7-10 mins down a hill by car. However, it is a secluded little estate with one entrance and everybody knows everybody, be it by sight or having talked to them. Crime rate is around zero, i can leave my car accidently unlocked for days and it not be a problem. I don't set my alarm etc. and people look out for others. It isn't a partically rich area but I would say a really nice place to live, no cars barely so kids can play in the nice wide tree lined streets etc. I.e. nice area.

So you can imagine that when I heard this morning that such idiot(S) have been doing this on a nice area it really pisses me off. I take my face off, off when I get home out of habit but many don't, especially not here, because you don't feel the need to. Why even bother, a nicked stereo can't be worth more than about £50 on ebay or similar so it must be a lot of work/risk for little gain. Now about 4 people where I live are left with a large bill for repairs to their windows. They weren't stupid either, our family knows two of the people who it happened to and both have alarmed cars, they just knew what they were doing and either nobody heard an alarm/they got around it.

Now I will have to start doing all the usual security measures I only like doing when I park at school (awful area) just to park outside my house. If they want to nick, they should nick from their own place of residence because they're clearly not welcome here and if i hear my alarm tonight my huge maglite is coming out and I am going to take a look.

WHY DO THIS!? It's not even worth it is it?!

Paul

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

I understand what your saying, and sorry to hear about it, luckily it wasn't your car. I dont no why people do it, it could be just for kicks or it could be for quick money and they can then buy drugs who knows. The people who do do it are usualy just thick as s**t and havent got anything better to do at the time.
It is sad that people have to do so many security measures just to park outside any place let alone outside your own house.
I hope they are stopped quickly.

Chris

I'm one of these people who park their car inline with their chair, the corner of their eye and the living room window and cranes their neck everytime somebody below 50 walks by. never had owt happen to it tho here in leicester.

sorry to hear about that mate. just shows you cant get away from car crime now sadly.

on the same point, a couple of weeks ago on a friday night on my student village near huddersfield, a brand new focus and an S reg discovery got stolen, my mate had his radio and cd robbed and some git robbed my plates. all this was on the overflow car park which aint lit. heard rumours that it could have been an inside "to order" job and apparently the head of security is under investigation. the mystery unrolls...

Smurfhead - would trade as Gaz but bit confusing with another guy with the same car on here with the same name. lol

Seicento Sporting (2001)

theiving is low, my bike got nicked the other week (hand-built by moi, worth around ~£450 and a great bike), it wasnt an 'off chance' kinda theft either, we have a 6ft metal gate, a car taking up the width of the drive and nothing visible from the road. Since then someone has been back in our back garden to check if i've bought a new one yet.. i want to fit razors to the gate.. but can i do that? no, because if the cheeky lil c***s come back and hurt themselves i'd be liable..

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

Cheers guys for your sympathy, just glad it wasn't me, having a smashed window might just mean a finish to my driving, who knows?

Arc, I believe that if you look into the use of barbed wire, following a number of regulations can mean it can be completely legal. A friend I had when I was younger ~12 bought a new Raleigh Max (the cool bike at the time IIRC) which was firstly left outside around the back of the house unlocked. First one, nicked. Second one, still in same place but now a heavy lock, outcome, nicked. Second replacement, locked in shed, outcome, nicked. Third replacement (last one from insurance!) had to then be brought into the house. We live in a good area but still this, unbelievable. The family weren't that practical so it was partly their fault after the first and second time - more care was necessary!

Nuova, shooting, a bit, well final, but I reckon reasonable force should be rewritten.

The plot also thickens, my parents bought and put together a new set of garden furniture for one of the patios in the garden. I.e. it was brand new and all nice. This morning, we go down and it has some names scratched on the arms into the wood, shallow enough to sand out but annoying all the same. We have 1.8m plus approx 0.4m concrete boards at the bottom fencing, i.e. you can't easily walk into the garden. I just don't understand it, why has somebody done that...?! I even left my window on night lock last night and heard nothing, definately have my long maglite on hand tonight but I am very confused who/why somebody was in the garden!

Paul

----------

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

This happened to me a while back, I cleared the family garage out and now the baby "lives" in there.

ADZ

banner.gif

May parents have similar problems in their area (again a nice area but lots of niggly little things) so dad's just had cctv installed at the house. It seemed a bit drastic to me but they've had no problems since, all is quiet.

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with a Smiley air freshener​
</font id="violet">

My grandpa lives in an awful area (Near Ruff's estate, Hucknall if anybody sees it at any point on TV about ASBO's etc.) and I installed CCTV into his porch/drive way about 18 months a go into a small 9" TV and video recorder. The idea being he doesn't even need to open the inside front door into his porch to see how is there etc. This summer I plan to do the following:

Panic alarm x 3
2 x more PIR dectectors adding to the 3 already in his house
3 underfloor pressure switches
3 x new door reed switches (2x venerable windows, 1 x conservatory door)
1 x autodailler to phone up to 6 numbers in the event of the alarm going off

He is 84 now and I feel worried for him living where he does - very risky for him. I also want to add an infra-red beam for his drive so anybody walking up it will set off the doorbells. I feel very conscious of sick/deranged/horrible people in this world now and want my grandfather protected. People sometimes don't stop at nicking a car radio which is, to me anyway, fairly annoying but nothing compared to the risk my grandpa could face.

TO put the above into context, at the top of his huge garden behind one of his sheds, he built a 16ft metal fence firstly out of foundation iron, followed by lots of different guages of metal meshing meaning his garden is now impossible to get into. Topped off by barbed wire (on his side of the fence and signed posted on the fence) and anti climb grease, it has made a good fence. Now I just want to help keep his house secure. When he had finished it, he stood there with a glass of beer and liked his creation (it is very impressive) and some kids came up to it and started rattling it and trying to "knock it down" - trust me, impossible lol. They then started throwing stones over the top and damaging the shed roof so my grandpa grabbed his fork he had been using to help dig out the soil and within 5 minutes armed response was beating into his house claiming he had a "machine gun" which one of the kids had phoned through on his mobile, MAD!

My point is, why should he have to spend a hundren + pounds plus maybe 2 days of my fairly precious time just so some drugged up idiot doesn't come in and hit my grandpa...it's mad.

----------

Because the 'law' supports the wrong side and targets the soft-targets of the vicitims because the criminals are too slippery and always find some way to get off.

I wrote to my MP about lenient sentencing and the role of the politician in the juducial system some time back. I have had a reply today saying that a new council has been set up to construct and review sentencing guidelines (due to myself and loads of other people contacting their MPs about it) for judges and about bloomin' time too. The scum get off far too lightly IMO and anything that brings judges out of their fantasy world into the real one has got to help. What would really help would be to make them live on a rough estate for a week and see how they felt about druggies, vandals and thugs after that. better shut up now, I could rant on forever about it.

Incidentally if you wish to take issues up with your MP you can do so at http://www.faxyourmp.co.uk . The more people who make themselves heard the more our 'leaders' will be forced to sit up and listen.

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with a Smiley air freshener​
</font id="violet">

Back