Who wants that Thanks button back

Currently reading:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted don't want it back as it doesn't quite often give a true appraisal of help given by a member..

Scrap it..

i didnt even notice it was gone, wasnt a great fan of the system anyway, those you spent the time to help rarely hit it and when you do get it its for small comments not resulting in anything worth thanking about. i think a 'reputation' idea would be good, but how its done i dont know

this is some from another forum

Attachments

• rep.JPG
    rep.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 43
It's not gone. Just been removed from LL so the spam lords don't abuse it as much and it's had a daily user limit placed on it for the rest of the forum.

So only thank those that really deserve it. ;)

It's gone from Classic Panda section also :( what's the daily user limit set at? When reached will it just disapear, or say something like 'you have reached your daily thanks limit'?

Last edited:
It's gone from Classic Panda section also :( what's the daily user limit set at? When reached will it just disapear, or say something like 'you have reached your daily thanks limit'?

methinks you have reached your daily limit. Although I can't remember what the limit is and I've never hit it so don't know if the icon dissapears or you get a message. I would however assume the icon just vanishes and reappears later.

to be fair posts in leisure lounge don't count on your post counter thingy, and as this is the Fiatforum thanks should be car based. besides it's easy enough to post your thanks in leisure lounge by leaving a quick comment, probably better than most of the spamidge that gets posted lol

You could have a system where each member could give another member a rating out of 5, the rating would be anonymous to everyone except mods of course. The average score is taken and this appears under the members name on posts. For example I might rate half a star :eek: and Jug might rate 4 and a half stars :rolleyes:

Maybe get rated differently in different areas, in car sections you're rated on technical knowledge and helpfulness in other sections you could be rated on how useful the information you've given was and whether you helped solve the problem.

You could also maybe have a 'spammer' rating, decided by mods, rating stars are green for good member rarely spams, yellow for member needs to control him / her self and red for this member can't control him / her self.

All this would probably earn me a yellow rating :rolleyes::eek:

Back