Who has fitted Coilovers? I still havent got mine fitted right

Currently reading:
Who has fitted Coilovers? I still havent got mine fitted right

this is how they came, i didnt use that plastic washer as i thought it only packing thing,:confused:
1.JPG

i asumed i didnt need the old spring top bit.
4.JPG

as the new one sat in it at an angle:confused:
3.jPG

but if i just bolt it on ther is room for it too move about:confused:
2.jPG

heres the bearing bit i assumed i still need that?
6.JPG

Re: who has fitted coil overs? i still havent got mine right

T14086 said:
Does Mrs Dave know your doing this in the living room:eek:

Wot stuffin bunnies :D

Sorry I cannot help Dave, but to give you a bit of encouragement I had to take mine to a second garage to get them sorted after I had them fitted but nothing extra was bought other than the kit.

Steve

steve1219 said:
Sorry I cannot help Dave, but to give you a bit of encouragement I had to take mine to a second garage to get them sorted after I had them fitted but nothing extra was bought other than the kit.

Steve
did they give you your original bits back? if so what bits?
thanks

I'll try and dig them out from my junk heap -the shed- this weekend and let you know.

Steve

dave said:
they are fk highsports

Snap fuzzy brother just had pm about mine did you purchase from Proven Products for the stilo nearly £500 cant u compare your old strut to the coilover should go back the same the only difference is the adjustment if i lived closer id come and help but its a long drive(y)

thats how i had them, but without the blue washer, i thought that was just packing, but now i look at link above you get the washers with new bump stops, so i going to put it back together with that washer under the top cap if it fits.
got mine off german ebay

Last edited:
Weird :confused:

Im sure that oval thing goes in the top of your stut top and the top of the strut goes up through from the bottom and there should be a large dished washer that sits inside that that allows for the adjustion :confused:

This is very confusing. I take it theres no joy from asking on their website about fitting it is there? :(

Im sure that the gold bit goes in the top of the inner strut top then the bolt oes inside that, as althoguh thats looks correct, im sure that isnt the way they go. I'll be wrong likely! have you emailed the makers to see how they fit?

BTW early when i sed is it defo for the front, i wasnt having a blonde moment (coz im ginger :D ), i just wondered as i have worked with coilovers like that for the rear where the spring is replaced from the standard position of the normal rear shockers like the picture

Back