Technical white stuff coming out the vents

Currently reading:
Technical white stuff coming out the vents

when i have the blowers on, white flakes come out of the vents, like its snowing :eek: - it also gives of a ****ty mould smell :yuck:

my water also dropped from Max-Min within 40 miles of driving, could this have something to do with it - the water seems to stay in the coolant tank unless it has been driven

i have stuck it back in the garage now cause the less i drive it the less things to go wrong :chin:

i have all my bits to get fitted and it keeps letting me down - i be loaded if it wasnt for a cinq :p :D

cheers

gaz

My guess would be that you have a leak in your heater matrix. When you run the car, the system is pressurised, and it leaks. The coolant dries out on the matrix. Coolant usually dries white and flaky. Then you turn the fan on, and it blows out at you.
Tell me, how do the flake taste? :D (Note, don't actually try this Gaz!)
H

i couldnt help but take a mouthful when it blasted straight into my face, it tasted sweet, it tasted like antifreeze, someone told me to taste it when i was having coolant trouble with my sei

gaz_wrexham said:
...it tasted like antifreeze...
Well that backs up my theory, but what I want to know is what actually made you taste antifreeze before? You do realise it's probably not the best thing for human consumption? :chin:
H

cause someone told me to do it on here :eek:

if it tastes sweet then there was no oil mixed with my water, only had a quick blast with a straw

gaz_wrexham said:
when i have the blowers on, white flakes come out of the vents, like its snowing :eek: - it also gives of a ****ty mould smell :yuck:

99% sure this is a coolant leak. Check all water pipes for cracks, if you find nothing then crack open an egg into the radiator, and prepare some toastie soldiers by the vent then go for a spin. If your toastie soldiers get covered in egg, its not fixed, but to cheer you up theres a nice snack.

PS, antifreeze is the main constituent of wine available for consumption on Nile cruises.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
With just a little imagination and manipulation, that could make someone a wonderful signature quote :D
I thought that too, but then I already have a gaz_wrexham quote in my sig! :D
H

Aside from the issue of Gaz consuming antifreeze... try adding Radweld to the system first; since the matrix is basically a small radiator then this stuff will more than likely sort it. (y)

CheeseMaster said:
99% sure this is a coolant leak. Check all water pipes for cracks, if you find nothing then crack open an egg into the radiator, and prepare some toastie soldiers by the vent then go for a spin. If your toastie soldiers get covered in egg, its not fixed, but to cheer you up theres a nice snack.

PS, antifreeze is the main constituent of wine available for consumption on Nile cruises.

does this egg thing really work :confused: , will it stop the leak or just make a mess ??

im gonna try some bars leak and radweld to see what will happen, but eggs are free courtesy of my mum :eek:

gaz_wrexham said:
does this egg thing really work :confused: , will it stop the leak or just make a mess ??

im gonna try some bars leak and radweld to see what will happen, but eggs are free courtesy of my mum :eek:

yeah eggs work..well egg white. Its what people used before Radweld was invented ;)

Back