General White Seicento SX - Right Hand Drive?

Currently reading:
General White Seicento SX - Right Hand Drive?

Boxhall

I'm off to take a look at this Sei tomorrow as its only a couple of clicks down the road & is low mileage, but one thing that's thrown me off is the fact that it's white (and has been since registration). I've only ever seen left hand drive Sei's in white before & am just wondering if anyone here can shed some light on it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Seic...079624?hash=item3f59b69d08:g:FjgAAOSwEgVWSJE5

Cheers.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Interesting. I would've thought white would've been much more popular than that nasty orange that you tend to see everywhere but hey-ho.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Just been to see it. Tidy little car in much better nick than the pictures suggest. However, after turning the key it hit boiling point within 20 seconds. There's no obvious sign of a coolant leak, and the thermostat is good from what I can tell. The fan didn't kick it though which I found odd.

Any ideas?

I'd put my money on a faulty water pump too, but I'm always weary of buying any car with overheating issues. Often a not-so-pleasant can of worms waiting to be opened.

Isn't the fan triggered by the thermostat though? I would've thought that it would kick it once it hit a certain temperature.

The fan is triggered by either a switch in the radiator (early models), or the ECU (later MPI models), but the sensor to send temperature to the dash is in a different place so if the water isn't moving, the rad may well still be cold while the temperature sensor is getting very hot.

From experience dont buy a car with overheating issues. You will have problems

Back