whistle noise from front comps!

Currently reading:
whistle noise from front comps!

B

beeson100

Took my head unit out the other day to try the girlfriends in instead, but now i've replaced it back with my one the fronts make a whistling noise that changes in pitch with the revs on the car! I've got comps in the front powered by an amp and a separate amp for my sub. It appears to be the amp for my comps because when i turn the gain up it gets louder, so i've checked all the wires to do with it but they seem fine.
any ideas anyone? it's really annoying!

Cheers
John

Alternator Whine..

The amp will need earthing better

Thanks
Kev

cheers kev. not sure why its only just started doing it though. its had the same earth point for about a year with no problems before? i'll give it a go. ta

It may have moved slightly....if it is earthed to painted metal, sand the paint off, it gives a better connection !!

Ta
Kev

tried moving it, and using the same earth point as the sub amp (not at the same time) and it still does it. its really annoying cos i cant listen to any music without this really high pitched whistling! could it be the earth for the stereo perhaps??

Are you running your RCA and speaker wires down the same side of the car ??

Kev

where abouts is that then tom? hopefully not somewhere i have to take loads of bits off to get to!

anyone know?? i need to sort it out cos its driving me mad!

isnt there a wire going from the stereo to the earth point? along with the power etc

Ive tried improvin my head unit earth before and its hasnt worked, a ground loop isolater from maplin may help?
Stu

its still f****d. what colour is the earth wire? and where does it end? if i cant find it i may have to run a new one to somewhere else

I had the same problem, changin the earth never worked for me so I bought a ground loop isolator as mentioned from maplin, it got rid of it straight away. Prob the easiest option, just plugs in in-line with the rca's. I know how u feel tho, it drove me insane hearing that whine!

iwan_canobi

Do you not have a manual for the head unit?

connectors.jpg

yeah i've got a manual but its absolutely useless. i've just ordered a ground loop isolator so i'm hoping that does the trick. cheers for all responses