General which wheels for mase?

Currently reading:
General which wheels for mase?

which wheels for mase?

• simple split 5 spoke, MVK 2's

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 10 spoke titan racing electra's with the black inserts

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • they are both crap, have somethin else!

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
J333EVO said:
Black, black, black on red car, grey would look great on a yellow Cinq, but gotta be black all the way!

Aaron.

thats wat i thought.... i do have a soft spot for black wheels, my old man had a MK2 golf gti when i was a kid and it had black bbs wheels with a polished rim.. they were pure sex!

would show off the discs nicely, and personally i think they would look more moody than the grey ones! (y)

mase said:
thats wat i thought.... i do have a soft spot for black wheels, my old man had a MK2 golf gti when i was a kid and it had black bbs wheels with a polished rim.. they were pure sex!

would show off the discs nicely, and personally i think they would look more moody than the grey ones! (y)

I was thinking of getting Minilites made up in 5 1/2" by 15 with 27mm off-set and putting 165/45 15 rubber on them in either black spokes and polished rim, or white spokes coudln't decide then some truck hit me, lol. Oh yeah and only Continental make rubber that size that I could find, whihc means they are probably expensive, but they woudl have looked ace with an elastic band for a tyre and big rim on a Cinq with a rolling radius mariginaly lower than a 195/45 14!!!!

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
I was thinking of getting Minilites made up in 5 1/2" by 15 with 27mm off-set and putting 165/45 15 rubber on them in either black spokes and polished rim, or white spokes coudln't decide then some truck hit me, lol. Oh yeah and only Continental make rubber that size that I could find, whihc means they are probably expensive, but they woudl have looked ace with an elastic band for a tyre and big rim on a Cinq with a rolling radius mariginaly lower than a 195/45 14!!!!

Aaron.

yea i remember u tellin me about that on the weekend, they would go well with the ahem, imola.... :p

suppose if u went for a 27mm offset with the 5.5" rim u wouldnt have to worry about using the little 3mm spacers on the front hubs either! (y)

i had the MVK2 wheels on my cinq and i really liked them. Theyre not too fiddly to clean which is always a bonus.. i think they were my favourites of all the wheels i had on the car. Ive tried to attach a pic for you, but i dont know if ive done it right, so appologies if not...!!
The compomotives are also lovely wheels though, i had these on a metro in 14" (dont laugh), and i think they cost about 650/700 back then (5/6 years ago at least)... theyre expensive because they are low weight ( i think) but they are well worth the money, really good quality.

Attachments

• mycinq6.jpg
    mycinq6.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 14
hippycinq said:
i had the MVK2 wheels on my cinq and i really liked them. Theyre not too fiddly to clean which is always a bonus.. i think they were my favourites of all the wheels i had on the car. Ive tried to attach a pic for you, but i dont know if ive done it right, so appologies if not...!!
The compomotives are also lovely wheels though, i had these on a metro in 14" (dont laugh), and i think they cost about 650/700 back then (5/6 years ago at least)... theyre expensive because they are low weight ( i think) but they are well worth the money, really good quality.

see i really quite like the MVK 2's :cool: ... and they would show off the punto Gt brakes quite nicely.... but am not 100% sure as i am really tempted by the comp MO's they just close on twice as expensive tho! :eek:

and i still dont know about the colour
black
grey
or even silver as the OZ silver ones on there ATM look quite cool! :confused:

Ok Alex you know which ones I think wanna know my reason...

Well MVK2's are very nice but you need them to be BIG to look right...

Comp Mo's are a yes simply becaus ethey are so damn sexy and how many Cento's you seen with them on?

Silver- Nope have to say the silver OZ's I put on there didn't really do it for me looked so much better on the Black'un

So that leaves Grey Or Black....
I say Grey simply beacuse when you see cars with balck wheels you kindda lose the size of the wheels and what they actually are but with Grey I think it still retains this....

Jamie
(Ex-owner input :p )

jamie86 said:
Ok Alex you know which ones I think wanna know my reason...

Well MVK2's are very nice but you need them to be BIG to look right...

Comp Mo's are a yes simply becaus ethey are so damn sexy and how many Cento's you seen with them on?

Silver- Nope have to say the silver OZ's I put on there didn't really do it for me looked so much better on the Black'un

So that leaves Grey Or Black....
I say Grey simply beacuse when you see cars with balck wheels you kindda lose the size of the wheels and what they actually are but with Grey I think it still retains this....

Jamie
(Ex-owner input :p )

thats very tru actually about the MVK's def the kinda wheel that looks better bigger!!!

and i have to admit i am comin round to the idea of grey ones, i put one of my punto gt anthricate wheels up against the abarth yest evening, and the grey does look good! especially if i can get red compmotive stickers for them (comp only supply blue ones on the wheels!!!! :mad: )

its just that black wheels are so damm :cool:

That's were the grey ones win again at night they do look darker and i'd so they are even cooler but hey your choice mate...

Post up the pics you showed me of each ;)

Back