Which throttle body for t-jet conversion? direct fitment cable?

Currently reading:
Which throttle body for t-jet conversion? direct fitment cable?

ajedi88

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forums :)

So i've taken the plunge and bought a 595 abarth t-jet to drop into my seicento. Can anybody tell me which cable operated throttle body would fit this engine? I have searched the Forums however i cant find information on this.

The punto throttle bodys i have googled all have the 3 bolt pattern and I'm at a loss as what would fit.
I will post a step by step guide on here as i go along if anybody would be interested with a guide.

Thanks in advance:)

Djaraceandrally

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forums :)

So i've taken the plunge and bought a 595 abarth t-jet to drop into my seicento. Can anybody tell me which cable operated throttle body would fit this engine? I have searched the Forums however i cant find information on this.

The punto throttle bodys i have googled all have the 3 bolt pattern and I'm at a loss as what would fit.
I will post a step by step guide on here as i go along if anybody would be interested with a guide.

Thanks in advance:)
Hi, was looking into this for my x1/9 conversion. I just typed into a search engine and this came up.

I can tell you what Im trying, but Ive not done it, but I have the parts and it looks simple enough.

Get a MGF 48mm throttle body. They are cheap second hand (I have a couple spare, contact me if you are interested -£15 plus post)

You will need to make a adapter plate as the 4 bolt pattern is slightly larger, but nothing too complex. And use the throttle cable on your car or buy one off either a Metro or Rover 200. They used the same TB. The normally come with a TPS attached

Im gathering that you know you will need to run some sort of Aftermarket ECU to drive this?

Im running a Motec, but there are plenty of options TBH.

Djaraceandrally

Hi, was looking into this for my x1/9 conversion. I just typed into a search engine and this came up.

I can tell you what Im trying, but Ive not done it, but I have the parts and it looks simple enough.

Get a MGF 48mm throttle body. They are cheap second hand (I have a couple spare, contact me if you are interested -£15 plus post)

You will need to make a adapter plate as the 4 bolt pattern is slightly larger, but nothing too complex. And use the throttle cable on your car or buy one off either a Metro or Rover 200. They used the same TB. The normally come with a TPS attached

Im gathering that you know you will need to run some sort of Aftermarket ECU to drive this?

You’ll also need to blank a couple of inlets the MG’s use for putting breathers back into the intake. Again, nothing complex

OP
OP
A

ajedi88

Thats great, I will look in to that.
I was in the process of looking for a bravo throttle body however this has now opened more doors to scavenge parts. The ECU i will be using the the Speeduino which isnt too bad for circa £140 all in. cheers

Djaraceandrally

Thats great, I will look in to that.
I was in the process of looking for a bravo throttle body however this has now opened more doors to scavenge parts. The ECU i will be using the the Speeduino which isnt too bad for circa £140 all in. cheers
Have found out if its the same bolt pattern?