Which throttle body for t-jet conversion? direct fitment cable?

Currently reading:
Which throttle body for t-jet conversion? direct fitment cable?

ajedi88

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forums :)

So i've taken the plunge and bought a 595 abarth t-jet to drop into my seicento. Can anybody tell me which cable operated throttle body would fit this engine? I have searched the Forums however i cant find information on this.

The punto throttle bodys i have googled all have the 3 bolt pattern and I'm at a loss as what would fit.
I will post a step by step guide on here as i go along if anybody would be interested with a guide.

Thanks in advance:)

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forums :)

So i've taken the plunge and bought a 595 abarth t-jet to drop into my seicento. Can anybody tell me which cable operated throttle body would fit this engine? I have searched the Forums however i cant find information on this.

The punto throttle bodys i have googled all have the 3 bolt pattern and I'm at a loss as what would fit.
I will post a step by step guide on here as i go along if anybody would be interested with a guide.

Thanks in advance:)
Hi, was looking into this for my x1/9 conversion. I just typed into a search engine and this came up.

I can tell you what Im trying, but Ive not done it, but I have the parts and it looks simple enough.

Get a MGF 48mm throttle body. They are cheap second hand (I have a couple spare, contact me if you are interested -£15 plus post)

You will need to make a adapter plate as the 4 bolt pattern is slightly larger, but nothing too complex. And use the throttle cable on your car or buy one off either a Metro or Rover 200. They used the same TB. The normally come with a TPS attached

Im gathering that you know you will need to run some sort of Aftermarket ECU to drive this?

Im running a Motec, but there are plenty of options TBH.

Hi, was looking into this for my x1/9 conversion. I just typed into a search engine and this came up.

I can tell you what Im trying, but Ive not done it, but I have the parts and it looks simple enough.

Get a MGF 48mm throttle body. They are cheap second hand (I have a couple spare, contact me if you are interested -£15 plus post)

You will need to make a adapter plate as the 4 bolt pattern is slightly larger, but nothing too complex. And use the throttle cable on your car or buy one off either a Metro or Rover 200. They used the same TB. The normally come with a TPS attached

Im gathering that you know you will need to run some sort of Aftermarket ECU to drive this?

You’ll also need to blank a couple of inlets the MG’s use for putting breathers back into the intake. Again, nothing complex

Thats great, I will look in to that.
I was in the process of looking for a bravo throttle body however this has now opened more doors to scavenge parts. The ECU i will be using the the Speeduino which isnt too bad for circa £140 all in. cheers

Thats great, I will look in to that.
I was in the process of looking for a bravo throttle body however this has now opened more doors to scavenge parts. The ECU i will be using the the Speeduino which isnt too bad for circa £140 all in. cheers
Have found out if its the same bolt pattern?

Hi sorry for the really late reply. I have made an adapter in CAD and just 3d printed a prototype. I will post a pic of how it fits over the next couple of days. Can’t complain with using a throttle body which is circa £20 off flea bay.

26EF0F3C-599B-4A52-9EAB-A93A023158F2.jpeg

Here she is, still needs some tweaks but progress non the less

Hi sorry for the really late reply. I have made an adapter in CAD and just 3d printed a prototype. I will post a pic of how it fits over the next couple of days. Can’t complain with using a throttle body which is circa £20 off flea
Yes, thats what I initially created in alloy welded, then created a single piece from alloy billet, 155x25 with the bolt patterns offset. My only concern was supporting the weight of the TB if it got too long. But the 595 TB is quite heavy anyway. Whats that made from and what TB did you get in the end?

I’ve gone with the mg zr zs 1.4 k series one. And that’s just a pla mockup ready for printing with ABS

Im going to try and print one tonight I say try as ABS is a bit tricky at this time of year due to the cold. If i can get one together ill let you know :)

Thanks, when I looked into it, tbh I wasnt sure where to start with 3 d printing!! Must be getting old!

Just a heads up, the 52mm TB off the elise and the VVC mgf, has a more aggressive cable cam. If you are not getting enough travel with the 48mm TB, I think you can change the cable cam

I was thinking of using a Porsche 986 throttle cable link box within the engine bay so it would deal with the requested cable torque. Once again just theory but since I have the bits laying around it may be worth a shot

I can confirm that the fiat cable fits the rover throttle body with the adapter plate, i did need to drill a pin in the pulley to take the slack but its all good. The Speeduino registered the TPS and all is good.

The throttle body maxes out at around 80% however due to the increased size it should cope with the airflow. This is more to do with the throttle cam rather than the cable

You should in theory be able to set the tps reading as showing 100% open at 80% physical throttle, but yes. I think it should be fine. The original TB was good for 300+ hp when using forced induction and at 44mm

Did you want an ABS one @DJraceandrally? ill get an extra one printed when i print a spare pm and let me know where to send it

Back