Tuning Which stainless exhaust from DTR?

Currently reading:
Tuning Which stainless exhaust from DTR?

OK I've finally pulled my finger out, or more accurately I've finally pulled my camera out. Took a few pics of the new exhaust from DTR.

Hi,

glad to hear your happy with the twin pipes. i have the oval from DTR,s which is great and sounds good with an induction kit. I was contemplating in changing to the twin though but was told that they are very loud,

Has it made a big difference and do you feel any increase in performance.

To be honest, I only had the car a week or two before the new exhaust went on, and I don't think I know enough about the handling of cars to tell whether it's performing any better than should be expected. Hehe I didn't even know what an induction kit was till I saw your post, had to go and look it up :eek: but I'm learning, slowly but surely!

It will quieten down - not much, but the initial difference is quite marked from the original. I have the twin exit pipes from DTR also, the reason being that it was cheaper than the Fiat original.

Yeah that sounds about right. I've had the exhaust for about 5 days now and it's sounding a bit less "raw". It's still loud, but a smooth loud, if that makes sense.

Pictures Jiggy, pictures:D

Et voila :D

Anyway cheers for your advice lads :slayer:

Attachments

• 20102007075.jpg
    20102007075.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20102007074.jpg
    20102007074.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 23
Like it (y) (y) Looks good.

You can clean up your wheels with not much effort Jiggy. Its a real easy job for you to start off with m8.

Sand paper 600 & 800 & 1200 grit, etch primer, wheel silver paint, masking tape. You can pick them up from Halfords for a £15 ish

Take your time and do one wheel at a time. Remove the wheel and give it a good clean, once done sand down the wheel with 600 for the real rusty bits then the 800 grit sandpaper until all smooth. Mask off the tyer and valve before giving the wheel three coats of the etch primer 15mins apart. Leave to dry for a few hours and sand with the 1200 grit and some water. Take your time and give the wheel a light sand all over making sure you dont cut through the primer paint. Once done spray three coats of wheel silver paint 15 mins apart. After another few hours fit back onto the car.
(y)

Cheers Doc, yeah that was the next thing I was going to try and tackle. I noticed some other fella in another thread had done the same thing and the results were sweet! It's on "the list", which is frankly pretty long at the moment :eek: It would make such a difference though. I took some pics of the wheels this morning as it happens and I've attached the pics below - do you really think they're salvageable? If so then I'll probably have a go at that sometime this coming week I think. Of course the other alternative is to save up for some new alloys but with the variator needing doing asap I should probably start saving the £££ where I can haha.

Attachments

• 20102007061.jpg
    20102007061.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20102007062.jpg
    20102007062.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 16
  • 20102007063.jpg
    20102007063.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20102007064.jpg
    20102007064.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 14
Yep the wheels dont look that bad as it goes. You might find a drill with a wire brush head will speed things up a little on the ruff bits.

If you do go for alloys later on it will still make selling your old wheels easier anyway. (y)

Its a good bang for $ job.

If you are missing a hub cap, keep an eye out on ebay.uk and ebay.de as you will pick one up for a few £

Nice. Green was my first choice colour but couldn't find a suitable one at the time.

Would love a SS exhaust but am worried about the volume. I do love the 60's tinge of the original and don't want to have the tractor effect.

Be good to hear your view on the volume(y)

Cheers Doc, yeah that was the next thing I was going to try and tackle. I noticed some other fella in another thread had done the same thing and the results were sweet! It's on "the list", which is frankly pretty long at the moment :eek: It would make such a difference though. I took some pics of the wheels this morning as it happens and I've attached the pics below - do you really think they're salvageable? If so then I'll probably have a go at that sometime this coming week I think. Of course the other alternative is to save up for some new alloys but with the variator needing doing asap I should probably start saving the £££ where I can haha.

Jiggy, my wheels looked like yours and as Doc has said it didnt take much to get them looking good and they are still shining now!! I'll be honest, i didnt do it myself as i'm still learning and have a skill level of zero but suppose you have to start somewhere!

Jiggy, my wheels looked like yours and as Doc has said it didnt take much to get them looking good and they are still shining now!! I'll be honest, i didnt do it myself as i'm still learning and have a skill level of zero but suppose you have to start somewhere!

I know what you mean about having a skill level of zero - I really am having to learn the basics when it comes to getting my car nice and tidy. Got this week off work to make a start on the big "to do" list. I think I'm about the most cack-handed fella I know though. Just ten minutes ago a bit of brute force has broken something near my aerial, when just taking 2 mins to stop and think about it would led to a better outcome :bang:

Anyway, that's for another thread which I'll post in the morning (need to get pics off my phone, essentially I think I've snapped either my aerial cable, or the cable that amplifies the aerial signal, if such a thing exists - see what I mean about needing to learn the basics hehe :eek: )

Nice. Green was my first choice colour but couldn't find a suitable one at the time.

Would love a SS exhaust but am worried about the volume. I do love the 60's tinge of the original and don't want to have the tractor effect.

Be good to hear your view on the volume(y)

Thanks mate, green's my favourite colour but to be honest I didn't have an ideal one in mind when thinking about a Barchetta. I woke up on a Sunday morning, got on eBay, noticed this car was going for cheap and I had 4 mins left to bid. F***ing risky for sure :eek: but got the car for less than I thought it should be and to top it off, I really like the colour as a bonus :D

As for the exhaust - I like the sound, especially now after I've had it for a week. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, but it's sounding a bit better to my ears, less raw. It doesn't sound perfect, but I think that's just a few issues with the engine that need sorting when it gets its service. I live in a block of flats and no-one's complained about the noise so far but like I say it's only been a week!

Having a go jiggy is the best way to learn. Thats what I am doing and it does work over time. (y)

I try to stick to a few golden rules.

1. Find out as much as you can before starting a job. Internet, Internet, Internet.

2. Take your time and think about what you are doing. Plan the steps before you start the job.

3. Never bodge a job more then 5%. If you think you bodged it stop and think how can I make that better.

4. Dont rush

5. Tools, Tools, Tools Start to build up a basic set of tools.

These might not work for everyone but it's working for me. (y)

My big goal is to re-build a Barchetta engine with a few extra goodies inside. :devil: Never had the chance yet but I will.

Jiggy, now you need to sort out an induction kit - if you want one that sounds great I would go for the Green kit, its the perfect partner for the DTR exhaust and sounds most excellent!!!

If you get the Green kit I would recommend exhaust wrap for the manifold as the Green kits draws air from under the bonnet and an additional intake pipe to draw cold air from outside - I found Wicks extractor fan ducting worked a treat......... :eek:

Heatshield.jpg

Jiggy, now you need to sort out an induction kit - if you want one that sounds great I would go for the Green kit, its the perfect partner for the DTR exhaust and sounds most excellent!!!

If you get the Green kit I would recommend exhaust wrap for the manifold as the Green kits draws air from under the bonnet and an additional intake pipe to draw cold air from outside - I found Wicks extractor fan ducting worked a treat......... :eek:

Heatshield.jpg

Cheers LRB, noted that mate, I'll maybe have a go at that a bit later on. maybe in the new year! Got a few other essential things to get done first - my B, I've since realised after buying it, wasn't in quite as tip-top condition as many others' here - but I will get round to it eventually (y)

Cheers LRB, noted that mate, I'll maybe have a go at that a bit later on. maybe in the new year! Got a few other essential things to get done first - my B, I've since realised after buying it, wasn't in quite as tip-top condition as many others' here - but I will get round to it eventually (y)

(y)

I think that SS and the 'Doc's are probably the cleanest b's on the forum (although I am yet to see SuperSpotters).............

given that they are made from galvanised tinfoil there are very few mint b's around - it took me 6 or 8 weeks to find mine and it's not perfect.......... key thing is to keep on top of any rust patches and any odd engine noises. Another tip is as you remove any nuts and bolts replace them with new ones and ensure a liberal coating of copperslip - stops them rusting again in the future........ (y)

Back