General which one's??

Currently reading:
General which one's??

Well, as I've said before :(, I've got the fourth ones on mine and they're great apart from the noise on tarmac. Having said that the first ones would probably be even better. They are about as big as you can safely go, if road tyres in that size are anything to go by, will be at least as good offroad, and look even chunkier :cool:.

i'm also looking to get some off road tyres this summer too, nice selection you have found there, saved me a bit of searching :D, let us know which ones you end up choosing and how they work out

i really like the first one's would they damage my filler pipe? i do plan to put 30mm spacers on for a better stance :D

Benjii

I've fitted 165/70/13 road tyres with no problems so would imagine no.1's would be ok. I wouldn't recommend fitting 30mm spacers as well though as they would most likely rub on the bodywork, would probably rub even with the narrower tyre options. If you want to fit spacers I suggest you leave it till you've fitted the tyres then see what you think, but I would say that a 10mm spacer is about as far as you want to go. If you start pushing the wheels out too far with big tyres you also run into problems at the front, they will rub on the wheel arch on lock.

Did you make it up any of the riverbeds?

I take my trials bike there its great but yeah I can imagine how bad it was, they are just a tiny bit too low for the rocks at Grizedale.

i went through some slighty deep puddles :p but the river was very deep and strong so chicken'd out ;)

yes its very rocky up there but was surprised how well it did :D

VmanC have you got a picture of those tyre's what they look like from behind?? :D

Benjii

My camera's broken at the mo, but I do already have some pics on hear of the 155/70's if that's the ones you mean, or did you want pics of the 165/70 road tyres?

Here's the 155's anyway........

Now you say you'd like more ground clearance though you may be better off with the 155/80/13's. Again, I've had this size in a road tyre with no problems but you may have to adjust your fuel filler a little, I didn't need to though.

Those tyre's do look great, i would like to see the 165/70 though :p i looked at my fuel filler pipe and tbh it looks quite far back than normal :D

with the ground clearance they only do 155/70 not 155/80, i was thinking of going up to 14' rims but cant find a cheep set anywere

If you go to 14" rims you're going to have to get lower profile tyres because you still can't have an overall tyre diameter greater than 155/13's would give you without running into clearance problems.
An aspect ratio of 65 would be max for a 14" tyre, now I haven't seen an offroad tyre in that size anywhere.

Back