Technical Which is the right Rear Wheel Bearing to get? (100HP)

Currently reading:
Technical Which is the right Rear Wheel Bearing to get? (100HP)

I have done a search and can't find anyone that has brought this up, so...

Looking in ePER the rear bearings for the Panda are either 51754192 or 51754193.
Price wise the xxx193 is about a tenner more than the xxx192. Looking at the various pics I've found and other info, would I be right in saying that the xxx193 is more expensive because it has the ABS ring?

TIA

Martin

Last edited:
you need the ones that are for vehicles with ABS

i have only had a quick look. Some of those are each and some for a pair.

there will be around thirty different part numbers. Different suppliers, updates and so on. That doesn't include other manufacturers that use the same part.

I would just use a branded one thats for ABS. I would read the discrimination carefully and not rely on on the photo. Just ordered a bearing and photo haven't always matched the description they take one stock photo and copy and past it into all similar products.

I would go with a kit myself

SNR R158.46 comes with a new hub nut but a bit expensive

I don't have enough interest to search for hours.

SKF,NSK,NTN and THK among others will do similar no doubt cheaper.

When I changed mine the kit didn't come with the big washer so check and keep hold of it just in case.

You'll need a mighty torque wrench for refitting if you're doing it yourself and possibly a puller to remove although mine was so knackered it just fell off

I've bought a couple of these and they were fine. Ebay item number 162397945599

I only paid £21 last time, but I'm sure if you search around, you can find another seller a little cheaper.

Probably the easiest job every to do on a car as long as you have a breaker bar.

I have no intention of buying a torque wrench that will get used only on this job. I set my torque wrench to maximum (150ftlbs IIRC) then used the 600mm breaker bar to add a bit more torque.

I have no intention of buying a torque wrench that will get used only on this job. I set my torque wrench to maximum (150ftlbs IIRC) then used the 600mm breaker bar to add a bit more torque.

I always do hub nuts up as tight as I can with me breaker bar. I dont bother with a torque wrench.
Never failed me yet ;)

I always do hub nuts up as tight as I can with me breaker bar. I dont bother with a torque wrench.
Never failed me yet ;)

The only car that ever had problems with wheel bearing nuts was the old Mini 1000 where some muppet had cranked the nut so tight that the threaded end of the CV joint cracked. The wheel fell loose, but thankfully, I was only going at walking speed so lost drive with no damage. 1/2 hour earlier, I had been on a motorway!!!

Me neither but I have access to a calibrated one at work so I borrow that whenever I need(y)

To recap. The ABS ring on a Panda (of 500) rear wheel bearing is a disc of brown coloured self-adhesive magnetic material that's stuck to the bearing seal. It probably costs about £0.10.

Back