Which Camera? Digi Bridge/SLR

Currently reading:
Which Camera? Digi Bridge/SLR

I've been looking at getting a new camera.

but i want one where i can have more control of the focus/zoom and aparture.

i've spoken to Bushboy about this and i've done a little bit of research myself

but i was wondering if any of you guys could reccomend anything in aobut the £100-£180 price bracket.

if no one can find anything better, i think i'll go for this one :

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/135359/art/fuji/finepix-s5600-zoom.html?itag=5411

C&C's please :D

Owen

That site you linked to is great, it's now bookmarked. Cheers. :)

Edit: The camera linked to is not an SLR but an SLR-style one, essentially a compact with a better quality, further-reaching (10x) lens. At that price I'd be tempted to get one myself but I'm gonna save my pennies for a proper SLR.

I've got a nikon d40 dSLR and even though it's quite a bit over your budget it's a bloody brilliant starter dSLR camera IMO, and I'm an amateur at this game :)

I have that camera at the moment and I have had it for quite a while now.
It's very good, especially at that price, I paid more than double that for it so it's sickening to see how low it is priced now :cry:

The main reason I got it was because it takes 640x480 video with sound as well as pics in pretty good quality so was ideal with having children and needing to capture more than just a picture sometimes.

I am in the process of upgrading to an SLR but I still haven't made my mind up which one yet.

Oh yeah, I also bought my camera from that same place and they were excellent (y)

I have that camera at the moment and I have had it for quite a while now.
It's very good, especially at that price, I paid more than double that for it so it's sickening to see how low it is priced now :cry:

The main reason I got it was because it takes 640x480 video with sound as well as pics in pretty good quality so was ideal with having children and needing to capture more than just a picture sometimes.

I am in the process of upgrading to an SLR but I still haven't made my mind up which one yet.

Oh yeah, I also bought my camera from that same place and they were excellent (y)
do you want to sell me your old one ? :p

you should look into the lumix FZ7, its similar to that camera and has a 12x optical zoom, 6mp, view finder and 2.5inch screen and fully manual mode if you decide to switch out of simple mode:D .,
its a nice camera and the quality is very good, its also pretty light too, i have one and its handy when i cant carry around an SLR.,.,
Also theres a new version of it has just been released ( DMC-FZ8) so it should be getting cheaper than it was a few months ago.,.,

If your after an SLR i wouldnt bother going for anything cheap, i have the Nikon D80 and its brilliant, i wouldnt swap it for anything.,:) ., although there still pretty expencive but your better off saving if your after one.,(y)

heres one:
http://www.cameras.co.uk/camera-reviews/panasonic-dmc-fz7.cfm

they have leica lenses too, there known as some of the best on the market., i have 2 of them., very good image stabilizer on the fz7 too.,(y)

panasonic-dmc-fz7-back.jpg

panasonic-dmc-fz7-front.jpg

panasonic-dmc-fz7-top.jpg

i looked into this a lot, and bought myself a fuji f31fd.

the 5600 was in the mix of cameras i was looking at.

the 5600 has been superceeded by the s9600, which has the same CCD as my camera.

the 5600 is a good camera, but i wanted a camera i could put in my pocket (hence getting a high end compact). it only has 3x optical zoom, but then for a lens that folds in when the camera is off i'm happy with that.

the 5600 is a popular camera for ue, it's rated highly - and like i say, i nearly bought one but went for the compact instead.

that lumix FZ7 no look so solid, have dropped mine a few times, and let daryl use it and it still ok

Nah, i actually have that one dave and its been droped afew times.,lol., although its not bulletproof, its still working fine.,:D (y)

DSC_0241.JPG

P1000411.JPG

do you want to sell me your old one ? :p
I would have actually if I didn't want to keep it for the video option.
With a 1gig card in it I think I get about 27 minutes of video footage, can't remember for sure, and it comes in so handy.
With a tripod it can take some great pictures, even without it's perfectly fine with a steady hand. My daughter purchased the very same camera after playing about with mine and she's pretty good with cameras so it must be good.

Back