General which bravo?

Currently reading:
General which bravo?

K4RL

i'm seriously concidering selling my cinq this or next week and going for a bravo.

i've had quotes for the 1.2 16v and the 1.4. both the same price.

which of the 2 would you go for? is there much performace difference between the 2?

cheers, all!

reaper1988

Brava 1.6 ELX
Never buy a 1.4 bravo (excluding the new ones) 1.4s have so many problems. 1.2 has about the same power as the 1.4. :cool:

Si - Punto

Supercharger whine :)
If I had to choose between the 1.2 16v and the 1.4 12v it would be the 1.2 hands down.

However as Mountainmachine said try quoting the 1.6 and 1.8, both are very good engines and imho are more suited to the Bravo's weight.

The HGT is an amazing machine however if you're considering the 1.2/1.4 then its probably not something that you would be interested in.

From what I've heard the 1.8 HLX is probably the best all round car for your money in the Bravo range.

OP
OP
K4RL

K4RL

i'm not so bothered about going for the bigger engined bravo's as it'll only be for getting to work and back. i have a 1.8 suzuki estate for the rest of the time.

i just want something a bit bigger, faster, more comfortable and newer than the cinq.

OP
OP
K4RL

K4RL

yeah i've just been looking at the fiatboo link. and thats the car i'm going for.

thanks everyone. hopefully i'll be around here a little more often, lol

Waderider

Well, my 1.4 has been a good reliable motor for me for years. Allegedly 1.2's gearboxes implode. Allegedly 1.4's cams die of oil starvation. Well, I can tell you for a fact, change the oil frequently and you'll have no bother with a 1.4 provided you buy it with a spraying oil bar.

How you avoid a 1.2 with a dying gearbox I don't know? But the route to a reliable 1.4 is easy.......good service history, like most cars. It's a buyers market, why would you buy a car were you weren't sure the oil had been changed frequently?

mountainmachine

Bravo 155 HGT
Well, my 1.4 has been a good reliable motor for me for years. Allegedly 1.2's gearboxes implode. Allegedly 1.4's cams die of oil starvation. Well, I can tell you for a fact, change the oil frequently and you'll have no bother with a 1.4 provided you buy it with a spraying oil bar.

It does sound like you've got a good one, thats been well looked after, but thats rare, and as they're quite prone to oil circulation problems then they're not recommended, fiats 1.2 16v has been a superb engine hence why it was in production for so long over a wide range of cars.

How you avoid a 1.2 with a dying gearbox I don't know? But the route to a reliable 1.4 is easy.......good service history, like most cars. It's a buyers market, why would you buy a car were you weren't sure the oil had been changed frequently?

I agree. 2 1/2 years iv had my 1.4 and im keeping it till i swap it for a Stilo next summer.

I love it