General which bravo?

Currently reading:
General which bravo?

If I had to choose between the 1.2 16v and the 1.4 12v it would be the 1.2 hands down.

However as Mountainmachine said try quoting the 1.6 and 1.8, both are very good engines and imho are more suited to the Bravo's weight.

The HGT is an amazing machine however if you're considering the 1.2/1.4 then its probably not something that you would be interested in.

From what I've heard the 1.8 HLX is probably the best all round car for your money in the Bravo range.

Well, my 1.4 has been a good reliable motor for me for years. Allegedly 1.2's gearboxes implode. Allegedly 1.4's cams die of oil starvation. Well, I can tell you for a fact, change the oil frequently and you'll have no bother with a 1.4 provided you buy it with a spraying oil bar.

How you avoid a 1.2 with a dying gearbox I don't know? But the route to a reliable 1.4 is easy.......good service history, like most cars. It's a buyers market, why would you buy a car were you weren't sure the oil had been changed frequently?

Well, my 1.4 has been a good reliable motor for me for years. Allegedly 1.2's gearboxes implode. Allegedly 1.4's cams die of oil starvation. Well, I can tell you for a fact, change the oil frequently and you'll have no bother with a 1.4 provided you buy it with a spraying oil bar.

It does sound like you've got a good one, thats been well looked after, but thats rare, and as they're quite prone to oil circulation problems then they're not recommended, fiats 1.2 16v has been a superb engine hence why it was in production for so long over a wide range of cars.

How you avoid a 1.2 with a dying gearbox I don't know? But the route to a reliable 1.4 is easy.......good service history, like most cars. It's a buyers market, why would you buy a car were you weren't sure the oil had been changed frequently?

I agree. 2 1/2 years iv had my 1.4 and im keeping it till i swap it for a Stilo next summer.

I love it

Back