Technical WHich brake discs!

Currently reading:
Technical WHich brake discs!

Zog

Established member
Whatever's going on! My 2004 Scudo window van (2.0 JTD SX 16V) needs front brake discs. Looking online, and putting in the number plate, is unhelpful.

I think the overall diameter of the disc is about 285mm, the PCD of the wheel bolts seems to be 98mm, BUT all sorts of variations seem to be available, thickness, overall diameter, PCD ("bolt hole circle)...

Is there a way of finding exactly which ones are the right ones without getting one off?

EDIT: EPER seems to think the diameter is 257. It seems to be mistaken! The outside diameter of my discs is certainly about 285mm. and even a tape measure can't be that wrong!

Last edited:
I looked in my AutoData book, but it doesn't give front disc size only rear drum at around 256mm, so I suspect your front disc measurement is probably nearer the correct size, usually suppliers want to know the diameter, whether vented/slotted or not, the amount of offset from where the wheel sits to the disc surface, diameter of centre hole and of course wheel details, number of studs plus diameter of holes, pcd etc.
I found this online about wheel dimensions www.wheel-size.com
Other than that can you cross reference from the similar Peugeot Expert vans, if yours is the same family group?

Fiat Scudo 2005 2.0JTD​

– Generation: 220 [1996 .. 2006]

– Power: 107 hp | 80 kW | 109 PS

– Engine: 2.0L, I4, Diesel

– Center Bore: 58.1 mm

– PCD: 5x98

– Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts

– Wheel Tightening Torque: unknown

– Thread Size: M14 x 1.5

– Trim Production: [1999 .. 2006]

Tire Rim
Vehicle's recommended cold tire inflation pressure. It is measured in bars or PSI (pounds per square inch).
195/70R14 91T 6Jx14 ET31 2.5
205/65R15 94T 6.5Jx15 ET31 2.7

The brembo brakes online catalogue can be very useful, good technical info / drawings etc

Well, I got the wheel off and measured the disc, again with a steel tape, in mm...

OD=278-280 (maybe a little lost to rust).
Brake disc braking area thickness 20mm (perhaps 3mm lost off each face, so maybe originally 26mm).
Wheel bolts PCD 98.
Total thickness of whole disc and "boss" about 43mm.

Maybe OEM 1309392080 ?????? How on earth do I find out! How does a garage find out? I bet they don't spend a couple of hours looking stuff up and going bananas!

RIDEX 82B0395
MAPCO 15043
DENCKERMANN B130064
Dr!ve+ DP1010.11.0721
KRAFT 6043200
VAICO V42-80010
FEBI BILSTEIN 12037

This is bloody confusing. Not far away is "Eurocarparts", which have these discs ("Eicher Premium Brake Disc (Front)
Product Code: 104545419) at £78.28 the pair.

There's a pair on eBay (334611374802), at £43.51/pair. The compatibility confirmation thing says these "don't fit my vehicle", but the FIAT OEM number given says it does!

There's another pair at £30 which does fit (it says). Dear God!

I am beginning to feel very, very thirsty.

Last edited:
Click on part number for disc that matches your measurements more info will appear, click on tab showing manufactures part numbers.
I think you have found the correct fiat part number provided discs fitted currently are correct.
Part of confusion could be the part number you quote is for vehicles manufactured up to month 10 2003 and you say your van is 2004, we don't know when it was made

You haven't asked which pads you need yet....... looking at the shape of the pads fitted will help you find which discs you need
The part number you quote is for girling calipers and pads. Look at photos of pads on brembo site.

You haven't asked which pads you need yet....... looking at the shape of the pads fitted will help you find which discs you need
The part number you quote is for girling calipers and pads. Look at photos of pads on brembo site.
Hang on, let me look at an old post...

Yes, they're these: https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/eicher-premium-brake-pad-101545529

1669833401585.png

I think the Brembo equivalent disc is BREMBO 09.5180.24 Brake Disc Internally Vented

BUT the Brembo site says 09.8003.11 for "since 2003"!! 2mm thicker, 4mm large diameter!! Grr!

Last edited:
If those pads you pictured have been fitted correctly then the matching disc is brembo number
the fiat number previously posted now looks incorrect.
Since month 10 2003 means for vehicles built after October 2003 - you said your van is 2004 so that is logical.
Brembo number 09.8003.11 =fiat 1340193080

Last edited:
It is possible someone has fitted the incorrect disc in the past leading to the confusion.

If those pads you pictured have been fitted correctly then the matching disc is brembo number
the fiat number previously posted now looks incorrect.
Since month 10 2003 means for vehicles built after October 2003 - you said your van is 2004 so that is logical.
Brembo number 09.8003.11 =fiat 1340193080
Hi Zog, are you in the UK? I'm not sure if what I'm going to suggest will be useful but I'll say it anyway. First off is that I really only mess about with cars so my commercial vehicle knowledge is limited. However when I'm looking for stuff like this I tend to buy from my local factor - but I often check with Shop4parts as they sometimes have a good offer - They, the factors, all want to reference against a data base compiled from registration numbers. This used to be a bit hit and miss a few years ago but it's pretty accurate now and it's been a long time since they've given me a wrong part. I find I like using my local factor because if something is wrongly supplied I'm only a ten to fifteen minute drive away from rectifying the mistake. Often the prices he offers me are very competitive with internet prices and even if a few quid more expensive I'm happy to pay for the convenience. I also find it's very useful to be buying stuff from him because, being a regular customer, he tends to try to help me out with the more obscure stuff.

So, if you've a handy factor near you why not give them a try? You might get a pleasant surprise.

FWIW:

Check VIN number:ZFA22000086102020 and learn more about the history of this vehicle.
General Information
MakeFiat
ModelScudo
Model year2004
Trim levelEL
Body styleWagon
Engine type2.0L 16V
Manufactured inItaly

Vehicle specification
Body typeWagon
Number of seats5-6
Displacement SI2000
Displacement CID122
Displacement Nominal2.0
Engine valves16
Engine HorsePower110
Engine KiloWatts81

It is possible someone has fitted the incorrect disc in the past leading to the confusion.
Maybe. I haven't fitted new discs before, so I don't know. The only difference between 09.5180.24 and 09.8003.11 seems to be that the latter is 28mm thick instead of 26mm for the previous item.

I hope that 28mm will fit!

Hi Zog, are you in the UK?

Yes. I have posted and lurked here (fforum) for a while.

I find I like using my local factor because if something is wrongly supplied I'm only a ten to fifteen minute drive away from rectifying the mistake.

Yes, I sometimes visit a local factor, but the nearest is not particularly good. I might try further afield by phone. Ta.

Back