General Which bolts do I need?

Currently reading:
General Which bolts do I need?

Benjy25

Hi everyone,
This is the most important post I have ever made because it is vital to my car being safe. (My car is a 2003 fiat punto mk2 1.2 8v.) I've recently got my new alloys (they are not fiat) and after fitting them I realised they rubbed. So i bought a set of 5mm spacers but now I need to get new wheel bolts. Can anybody help me out of this dilema as I dont want my wheels to fall off when Im driving. What bolts do I need??
Any advice would be much appretiated.
Cheers
Ben

What PCD are the wheels fitted?

28mm will be fine for use with 5mm spacers in most applications.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
im not too sure as a friend gave them to me but i think they are 15's or 16's when i measured the diameter of just the alloy it was 16 inches. What i can definately say is that they are not official fiat. I will take a photo and upload it tomorrow hopefully that 'wheel' help LOL.
Sorry couldnt help but put that in.
(i will also post any thing else it says on the tyre and alloy wheel)
cheers for all your help so far (i will be recommending you highly to everyone I know)
Ben

Do you know what car they came off?

You can measure the PCD. It's the distance between the centre of the bolt holes diagonally.

they were on a VW golf mk2 with the use of spigot rings. Does this help at all?

Just measured the PCD and it is 100mm :) so hopefully this is a good sign.

Yeah they'll be PCD100 if they're off a golf.

You need PCD bolts, I sell them but 30mm thread length maybe too much if you don't run spacers.

when you say run spacers i take it you mean 'use spacers' and yes im going to use 5mm spacers because the back wheels rub slightly. Will your 28mm bolts on ebay do the trick and is there anyway i can tell before buying them??
cheers for all your help so far

when you say run spacers i take it you mean 'use spacers' and yes im going to use 5mm spacers because the back wheels rub slightly. Will your 28mm bolts on ebay do the trick and is there anyway i can tell before buying them??
cheers for all your help so far

The bolts you linked to are standard, not PCD bolts.

30mm thread length PCD bolts (Which I sell) are fine for use with 5mm spacers.

how much do these bolts cost and how would i buy some from you, ebay or the forum? (also im gonna get locking wheel nuts so how much is it for 12 bolts and how much for 16)?

Back