Which bluetooth head units do people recommend?

Currently reading:
Which bluetooth head units do people recommend?

J

Joske

I currently have a touch screen motorised Clarion dxz948mp head unit in my car.

dxz948rmp-combine-radio-lecteur-de-cd-mp3-wma-rds-eon-imgosc_dxz948rmp.jpg

Specification

However since the introduction of Bluetooth head units, i am liking the idea of connecting my phone to my radio for MP3's aswell as to make and receive phone conversations.

Now i like the look of the

Kenwood KDC-BT6544U

KDC-BT6544U-illustr.jpg

and

Sony MEX-BT5700U

Now these are my personal favourites, but I was wondering what other people have and what would they recommend.

I would ideally like sound quality to be of most importance.

Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in my Clarion dxz948mp head unit which is in very good condition, i still have the original box, fascia box, removal keys, manuals, receipts etc. Open to offers.

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
:
Fiat Marea Chrome Front Grille. Fiat Bravo MK2 Front Grille.
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

I have a Sony, albeit a lesser model than the one shown here, but I'm no ICE audiophile and have it hooked up to some basic Alpine's so I'm hardly the best person to speak to about comparable audio qulaity.

But as for the functionality, I can't fault it. Best accessory I've ever bought for my car. High quality streaming audio and an excellent hands free device. Even better that I have hooked up the Marea's OE steering wheel remote controls to it and they operate both HU and phone :)

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

I have a Clarion Bluetooth HU. I chose it for the fact that it only takes SD cards so no moving parts. I can't fault it for Audio and call quality is great too. I do appear to have issue streaming audio from the Phone but TBH its not a problem for me. It comes in a couple of colours, the darker one being more brown than black but its minimal and thats what i was after.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLARION-FB289RBT-BLUETOOTH-HANDSFREE-AUDIO-STREAMING_W0QQitemZ290326486210QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item4398ce9cc2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I managed to get an almost new one for £69 which had a big influence on the sale. :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Joske,

I hope you don't really choose audio itwms just for their looks ?! (that clarion, tch, are you half blind ? personal choice.

I prefer to buy stuff which meets my requirements.
ie: I have a Sony with usb/ipod mp3 aac atrac etc etc but my reasons are like s/n ratio are 100db+ with freq responce from 10Hz to 20KHz. Low end capable and efficient too.

I am a sony man personally seeing as my last unit lasted 7years! surviving two car crashes too!

But on another note, my Transit has the sat-nav radio unit with ....bluetooth !

what a f*cking useless piece of cr*p it is. meaning the bluetooth has a habit of forgetting it was connected when a call is neeed to be made.
(let alone it don't know stoke-on-trent ! German rubbish!

Go for SONY !

Perhaps the Krauts are under the misaprehension that they bombed Stoke to oblivion 66 years ago.

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!
A battle of wits with the unarmed is no fun!

15398a.jpg

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists. Lapsed.

Cheers Guys, I will probably go with the Sony MEX-BT5700U then, had a play around with it in the Sony Store and seems to tick all the boxes.

Any others before i go buy it in the next few weeks?

Are the Alpine ones any good?

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
:
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

I have a head unit which does bluetooth and has a USB input in rear.  Model is no good for you as it is double din.  However, I found that when using streaming bluetooth audio from my previous sony phone it killed the battery of the phone.
It was handy to have all the music on my phone but a sod when the battery went.  Luckily I now have an iPhone and the head unit is fully ipod compatible.  the bluetooth is only used for calls and the iPhone is hard wired into the USB slot (at the rear) so it charges as it plays.
Personally I prefer USB input rather than streaming bluetooth.  Easy to hide a cable in the glovebox with a large USB stick plugged in :)

Oh, and the head unit also downloads my address book to the unit for easier calling.  You can also set up presets as you would for radio stations.

adam

i run an Alpine IDA-X305 series does the job for me and looks the part in a bravo where its positioned !!!! not got bluetooth but cant fault it otherwise bassjunkies has it on offer @ the mo

Well I would only ever fit an Alpine unit in a car I own, but I don't use standard speakers either.

If you have standard or cheap speakers, then just fit the unit that you can operate the best as sound quality isn't a factor.

Function should always come over looks..... I just hope your Clarion had amazing functionality because it made my teddy cry with it's looks!!!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Thanks for all comments, will be going with the Alpine BT Unit as it offers the best sound and quality compared to the Sony.

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
: