General Where to get winter tyres for 13 inch wheels?

Currently reading:
General Where to get winter tyres for 13 inch wheels?

RayovacWorkhorse

2010 Panda 1.1 Active Eco
Hi forum go-ers, as the title says, does anyone know where to get any 155/80/13 winter tyres in the UK? Most of the big fitters (kwik-fit, halfords, etc...) don't seem to stock any and as I'll be ragging the Active Eco around this winter, I'm planning on getting another set of steelies for some winter tyres.

Any tyre recommendations welcome too, was looking at Nokians, however I can't find any in the UK!

I've run some Vredestein winter tyres for the past few years, currently stacked in the garage on the spare set of wheels.
Last time I looked, early this year, there were still quite a few options, but just looked through my usual sites and am finding almost nothing. Perhaps it is a little early, and they'll be stocking them soon. All Seasons tyres seem a little easier to find, and I think that'll be what i get when mine need replacement. Our winters are rarely that bad, the Panda is quite good on teh slippy stuff on summer tyres, if on 155/80 13, so I'm thinking all-seasons will do me, save the faff of changing them.

Etyres are showing some Kormoran all seasons, at £49.73 each. Apparently part of the Michelin empire, made in Hungary. Would work for me if I needed them now.

I looked at Camskill yesterday, and was disappointed with their current selection, hence my earlier suggestion that this may be too early in the season.
They list four, the last of which can be ignored because it is one only, and 8 years old.
There are two Chinese brands, which may be fine, but I have no experienceof them, and have no wish to explore, so cannot give an opinion.
One brand, new to me, is Tomket. It appears they are Czech, so at least an area where they do have snow in winter, and potentially better at that than the Chinese may be. They are family owned, which seems a good sign too. I think if I needed some now, I'd give them a go.

Thanks fellas, away for the week so I'll look into this stuff when I get back ?

My current tyres are nearing the end regardless (3-2.5mm of tread all round) so I might just get some tyres put on my current steelies and get another set later for the summer.

Last edited:
Back