Technical Where to find the Camshaft position sensor?

Currently reading:
Technical Where to find the Camshaft position sensor?

Uncle Strada

Hi guys! I´m new in this forum and didn't even know about it until yesterday. Anyway, last summer I bought a Fiat Strada 1.9 Diesel (2004) because I was looking for a small Pickup and this one suited me fine. I´m not a mechanic but I do as much as I can by myself but now I have an issue that I can´t find any answer to on the web.
My Strada has now got the idea not to start when the engine s warm. It´s no problem when I let the car cool down... I read what I could find and then replaced the crankshaft sensor and my thought was to replace the camshaft position sensor as well. But I can´t find it anywhere and neither any information about where it´s placed. Is it possible that this car does not have any camshaft sensor??

The engine is the same as in Fiat Doblo 1.9 D from that year (2004) The engine type is 223A6000. Can I be so lucky that there is anyone out there knowing this? ...and willing to tell of course ;) I can mention that there was no problem ordering a sensor for the camshaft but no one seems to know where to put it :D Have a good night! Looking forward to see if there is any response here on this site. //Uncle Strada from Sweden

Hi,
Welcome.
On the jtd turbo the cam position sensor is found under the camshaft sprocket.
May I suggest changing one part at a time to ensure you dont create a problem while trying to solve a different problem.
Camshaft sensors tend not to fail as often as crank sensors.
Good luck

I know this might not help at all as it's a general statement for all cars. It will be located somewhere near the top of the block, on the head, on the intake manifold ususally near the timing cover. Saying that, I've just come across this picture of your engine type. Could this be the sensor location? Looks right, top of the engine, near timing cover.

Chris

Attachments

• Inked2021-10-20_LI.jpg
    Inked2021-10-20_LI.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
Thanks a lot guys! I did not expect so many and fast answers :)

I will take the advice to see if the replacement of the crankshaft sensor will cure the problem before I do anything more. Also thank´s for the picture on the sensor which I have now located as some kind of rotor sensor for the injection pump...but it was the closest this far..! :)

Thanks a lot guys! I did not expect so many and fast answers :)

I will take the advice to see if the replacement of the crankshaft sensor will cure the problem before I do anything more. Also thank´s for the picture on the sensor which I have now located as some kind of rotor sensor for the injection pump...but it was the closest this far..! :)
If Your engine has that type of injection pump it does not need a cam shaft sensor .

Ok, that explains the problem finding the sensor! Yesterday I took a ride with some stops and the car started every time! So if I´m lucky it was the crankshaft sensor that caused the problem, the next days will tell.

Big THANK´S to everyone

Back