General where to buy overboost valve?

Currently reading:
General where to buy overboost valve?

minimad99

Driver Extraordinaire
As title really, can anyone advise a reputable firm to buy an overboost valve other than Fiat?
I tried shop4parts but I can't find OV's listed.

If you don't like main dealer prices (only about £40) then put a wanted ad in classifieds as many members on here have bought them in error (you can count me in that :eek:)

hi i recently priced one of these £55 from fiat so £47 is a good price and wouldn't grumble at that...price m8..............

Just checked again and £47 is exc VAT so it will be approx £56 inc VAT plus delivery, with the 10% discount it is £53.63 all in.
I'll call Fiat tomorrow and see what they can do.

Main Dealer = £39.92+VAT = £46.91 (Sep 08)

The new ones are much better designed I'd say (more weather proof!) but don't work any better than my original lol

cheers Argo,
If we're only talking the difference of about £5 then I'll just get 1 from Fiat if they have 1 on the shelf.

I may have a good used one if you want it Mini - changed it of the advice of oldschool when trying to get to the bottom of some post remap woes, it wasn't the culprit :rolleyes:
If I can find it - it's yours ;)

That would be great Abz, PM when you've had a chance to look.

You've got the Reddot remap haven't you same as me? I'm still getting the engine light on/off on full load when accelerating and having read some recent posts with similar symptoms was going to change the OV and tubing just to see if it worked.
Next thing would be MAP sensor.

I'll have a look in the shed for the OV - will get back to you.

Now to go slightly off topic.....

Sadly changing the overboost valve and piping will not make a jot of difference to our 'issue' (been there, tried that) the map sensor may make a difference - if you try that let me know how you get on, I've never got around to trying it.

Trouble is the reddot map we have takes the boost just a wee bit higher than the system can cope with, thanks to the guys at the Fiat dealers in Inverness I have discovered this as being the single issue. Now I thought about changing a sensor or two (including map sensor) to Mjet 150 spec, which would be a simple and elegant solution, but having had a squint at the equivilant parts and chatted to my local Fiat guys they're not interchangeable between 115 and 150. Bummer. It was suggested to me that the solution was to find a map sensor which has the same fitting and allows for a higher boost level - oldschool was looking into this (a long time ago) but lost interest I think.

IMHO that essentially means you're left with four choices:
1. Try a new map sensor and see if that helps - it might.
2. Take it back to reddot and get a different/tweaked map.....
3. Get the standard map back on the car and try something else.
4. Live with it.

By and large, I've opted for 4 and learned to live with it - I get caught out now and again but have generally learnt to drive around it.

2. Take it back to reddot and get a different/tweaked map.....
I'm amazed you guys don't just do that instead of contemplating spending even more - as there are plenty of trading laws on your side if anyone wants to argue the point :confused:

I know you must get fed up of myself and others harping on about this but I've never even seen an engine warning light in the last 2 years since having an Angel Tuning map and believe me I've taken it into the red a few times :devil:

I think I've explained the situation with regard to my issues post remap and red dot sufficiently on this and other forums to not have to do it again Argo ;)
However in summary it would be fair to say that in my case elapsed time, less than helpful third parties and distance make it firmly an 'out of the question' option and I have considered legal routes and taken advice on the subject - it's a non starter for me.

I don't know when Mini had his done - but I would urge him to consider that second point.

I have advised others to consider Angel (and a couple of other routes) rather than the one I took, based partly on your happiness with the results and those of other customers - couple of who I know. May even consider them myself, once the Stilo has had it's 'mid-life' respray next week :cool:

Now I'd better nip out to the shed and see if I can find that overboost valve :idea:

Thanks Abz, PM in reply.

In relation to the above comments re a remap, after having mine done I had no problems at all, then about 6-8 months after I started to get the occasional engine warning light flashing on and off, hence why I couldn't take it back to Reddot.
That was well over 2 years ago and 50,000 miles, I live with it as it is a rare occurence.

Generally my stilo still drives great even at 139,000 which has just ticked over, pulls like a train when you floor it, the warning seems to come more often on lighter throttle but when going up an incline and mainly in 3rd gear, read into that what you will.

I'll try a new overboost valve & piping and maybe MAP sensor as they are only £30 and see if it makes any difference, other than that it can stay the way it is LOL.

If anyone is interested I priced an OV from Fiat today - £57.14 +VAT!!!! apparently their prices have gone up due to the Euro, mmmmmmmmmm

Back