Where to buy from? Dealer or car-mart?

Currently reading:
Where to buy from? Dealer or car-mart?

Hi, welcome to the forum :wave: ,

The cars from Motorpoint are definately imports as someone on here as bought one.

If you look on www.fiatsupasaver.com it shows the prices you can get your dealer to come down to and the 1.4 Sporting says £9195 which means for an extra £200 you get a brand new UK car with the ability to put options on if you wanted and your choice of colour. Its a no brainer to me but in saying that you dont have to wait for a factory order with Motorpoint so it depends how patient you can be, :D .

Rich

Much appreciated. I got my current car (a 1.4 Fiesta Zetec) from Motorpoint and I did get a real saving. Just, from having a look at the threads on here, it seems a lot of people need aftercare from their dealers. Although it's under warranty, I suppose it 'feels' better to go back to the place you've bought it.

i bought a pre reg panda with 5 miles on the clock from motorpoint in february,it was a uk car pre registered at a fiat main agent in preston.motorpoint do not sell as many imports as they used to ,but its still worth checking with them.i had excellent dealings with motorpoint,they will try to sell you insurances,extras etc but just be firm, also bargain hard if your trading in and they are quite flexible,just do your homework first, but remember the prices quoted are not on the road prices,you have to add i think it was 38 registration fee + 25 pounds for number plates both of these are compulsory even if the car was pre registered. also they will try and add on a 64 pounds for pre delivery prep but this is optional so don't take this as they only power wash the car for this.they seem to have plenty of grande puntos,which i think are over stock from fiat main agents.the market seems saturated with new fiats which won't do second hand values much good.also forgot to say when i bought my panda from motorpoint i had to tax the vehicle myself before driving it away.good luck.(y)

Thanks for the tips trent. It was 8999 for the 1.4 Sporting but with all those extras, it was up to £9300 ish. He did say it was imported from Ireland but was desigend for the UK market, right hand drive, etc.

The stingy folk were only going to give me £4000 for my 1.4 Fiesta Zetec which has only 19000 miles on it, I was hoping for 5 grand tbh.

I'll probably try my two nearest Fiat dealers and motorpoint to see who can give me the best deal.

If it's an 'Import' you'll only get 2 years warranty.
If it's originally UK dealer supplied you'll get 3 years warranty.

dannyboy,when they give you a trade in price ,thats usually a starting price,i traded in an old t reg primera they offered me 700,eventually i haggled 1000 out of them,be prepared to walk if they won't do a deal,theres plenty of competition out there.and motorpoint don't like to see potential customers walk out of there showroom.its worth doing a really good search on the net as their are loads of grande puntos new and pre reg for sale. i know close to where i live millenium cars nottingham have gp's in stock also motorhouse 2000 in sutton in ashfield usually have some in stock.also worth trying a search on motors.co.uk and autotrader website.

As much as you can potentially drive a bit of a deal its only likely to be about as good as you can get from a Fiat dealer and they will give you that 3rd year on your warranty like Superboy says. Well worth it just for that imo.

With regards to your current car you cant beat selling it privately if you have the time.

Rich

selling your old car privately is an option but from past experience this can be a headache,with idiots ringing up then not turning up,also when they turn up they often want something for nothing,and mess you about.sometimes it's just easier with less hassle to just part ex.but everyone has different circumstances.when i bought my panda from motorpoint it came with 2 years 10 months of warranty left.i bought the panda dynamic for 5000 incuding metallic paint,i tried fiat dealers here there and everywhere,but they could get know where near this price.but as others have said i would be weary of buying an import if it reduced the warranty by one year.try some local fiat dealers and see what they can offer you.you might be surprised..

Dealers make only 'hundreds' on something like a GP so dont expect much in the way of discounts.

I'd rather get a pre-registered GP (few months) & pay alot less than get a import.Dealer would also favour you more if you brought from them...not for one minute saying they wouldn't anyway but they might/should go that extra bit if you brought from them.

Good luck whatever you choose(y)

Up here in Glasgow you can get a BASIC gps 1.9 for £10995 on the road.and one absolutely with every conceivable option for £12,600.how do they compare with prices south of the border?

Well being from Hamilton, I'm only 10 miles down the road from Glasgow. Where's that? Arnold Clark?

Well being from Hamilton, I'm only 10 miles down the road from Glasgow. Where's that? Arnold Clark?

well dannyboy i stay in hamilton as well(y) the arnold clark i refer to was in ayr.i thought my car was going to be a write off so went to enquire about a new one £12,675 including headlamp jet wash never heard of one option with that on it had the full works it was being as i sat with the salesman he checks the site to see the progress of any car being built.when i got my car gps where rarer than hens teeth would have loved one with skydome(y) ps they also offered me finance of 4.3%

well dannyboy i stay in hamilton as well(y) the arnold clark i refer to was in ayr.i thought my car was going to be a write off so went to enquire about a new one £12,675 including headlamp jet wash never heard of one option with that on it had the full works it was being as i sat with the salesman he checks the site to see the progress of any car being built.when i got my car gps where rarer than hens teeth would have loved one with skydome(y) ps they also offered me finance of 4.3%

4.3% is good, the best I have found for a personal loan is 6.9%. What terms are on the finance?

I'm sure someone else mentioned the Arnold Clark in Ayr, might be worth a trip.

Do you plan on keeping the car for very long. If you dont then why dont you consider their PCP scheme. A lot of people misunderstand them but if you use them correctly they work out very good.

Rich

Do you plan on keeping the car for very long. If you dont then why dont you consider their PCP scheme. A lot of people misunderstand them but if you use them correctly they work out very good.

Rich

PCP SCHEME=how does that work?(y)

4.3% is good, the best I have found for a personal loan is 6.9%. What terms are on the finance?

I'm sure someone else mentioned the Arnold Clark in Ayr, might be worth a trip.

it was over anytime period up to 5 years it was with fiat finance.my girlfriend got a panda 100HP for £8995 with apr of 4.3%:)

Very rough explanation. It basically defers a lump sum to the end of the term, say 3 years, and you just finance the rest so it works out much cheaper. At the end of the 3 years you have to pay the lump sum in one. All you then do is buy it off the finance company and sell it privately. Because the buy back figure is set purposely low you then make a few grand normally to use as a deposit on your next car. Basically.

Rich

OK I think I get it. But if I was, say, to take out a personal loan of 5 grand and trade my current car in for 5 grand, giving me 10 grand for a new GP (very rough). Then if I paid the loan off over 2 years, ath te end of 2 years, the GP would be all mine, so I could hten sell it for more than the few grandl eeft over from the finance deal... ?

So if I was planning on only keeping it a few years, perhaps the loan is better?

Back