Technical Where does the power steering fluid go??

Currently reading:
Technical Where does the power steering fluid go??

Yes i meant on everyday use. But in terms of track days i would have thought differently :)

Go testdrive an Alfa 147 and see how fun it is to have a quick rack, even on everyday driving...

Our rack is so slow, that you need a full turn on the wheel to take a 90o turn around a block. Or try to steer with only one hand. It is slow, even for everyday...

Asteris said:
Go testdrive an Alfa 147 and see how fun it is to have a quick rack, even on everyday driving...

No :)

Asteris said:
Our rack is so slow, that you need a full turn on the wheel to take a 90o turn around a block.

I find it extemely light, yours is an SPI sei do you have power steering on yours as some didnt have PAS as standard it was only an option

Asteris said:
Or try to steer with only one hand. It is slow, even for everyday...

Who needs to steer with a hand. I steer with 2 or three fingers, then just my hand extended out really steering with my palm of hand when doing U turns etc

Last edited:
AppleSei said:
Who needs to steer with a hand. I steer with 2 or three fingers, then just my hand extended out really steering with my palm of hand when doing U turns etc

You, of course, should have both hands on the wheel while driving unless changing gear.

Again, in a motorsport, or track day, situation the feedback fom the wheel on sticky tyres means you have to hang on. If you are driving on the loose you don't want your thumbs over the spokes either.

Cheers

D

Mine is an SPI, without PAS, so i find it quite annoying to turn the steering wheel so much, just to take a small corner. On the other hand, it's fine on the motorway and gives good feedback during fast driving. But i still believe that a speed variated PAS (not the fixed MPI one), with a faster rack would be best. 4 turns lock-to-lock is hilarius for a modern car...

Back