General Where Can I Buy a Nav+ Sim Card

JiTz

Hi All

Just got me a Stilo Abarth (LOVE IT)

Does anyone know where i can buy a sim as its missing :confused:

Cheers if you can help(y)

JiTz

custard boy said:
you mean just a phone sim card or a specific part?

I have a Phone sim x 2 but want to be able to use the sim in my car
(y)

dont they use the big credit card sized ones?

if so, new sim cards come like that, you just pop them out to put in your phone

so try the carphonewarehouse

serin said:
dont they use the big credit card sized ones?

if so, new sim cards come like that, you just pop them out to put in your phone

so try the carphonewarehouse

Nice one peeps i'll give it a go (y)

mine came with a sim card holder, took it out my phone and it still wont recognise it ... bloody thing. anyone have this working ok? whats the best sim card to go for as well? a prepay with no time limit on the credit i suppose

My car came with the sim card adapter (credit card sized piece of plastic with a 'pouch' for the sim card) and I use the sim from my work mobile in it. It works really well, much easier than using a handsfree set.

All I need to do now is set up the voice control.

My personal mobile is O2 and I did ask them if I could have a second sim card to leave in the car but according to the lady at the call centre the only network which allows more than sim card on the same number is Vodafone.

I've noticed that when I insert the sim card holder it goes in all the way and doesnt spring back out again as it used to... wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if its easy to rectify? A simple spring? ... probably not... new Connect Nav+ unit... more than likely!

Yeah ... that was my point... it doesn't pop out when you push it because the card goes in all the way.. so there's nothing to actually push or pull!!!

Fear not though, I have fixed this... it seems that the reason the card was going in all the way was because it was knackered. the edges are worn, the laminate is peeling off etc... I bought a new sim (which came in it's holder) and it works perfectly again.... A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!

However every action has a reaction... and now my airbag warning light has come on again :cry: (10th time) and for some very strange reason my passenger door wont open... :cry:

Any Ideas?

The lock mechanism works (the remote locks/unlocks) and if the doorpin is down (locked) when you pull the inside handle it pops up.... but the door wont actually open...................... HELP

JiTz said:
Hi All

Just got me a Stilo Abarth (LOVE IT)

Does anyone know where i can buy a sim as its missing :confused:

Cheers if you can help(y)

JiTz

just ask in your local fiat garage. special plastic adaptor for nav system. normal small sim fits into it. think they r about £10-15. but worth it.

The SIM Card holder is only available from a FIAT dealer. The part number is 46831352, approximate price is £13

To use, place your Sim Card in the holder (it's obvious how it goes due to the slanted indent on both the card and holder), and put into the CN+ so that the writing on the card is correctly orientated (i.e. not upside down). You will hear it click when it is in correctly. To remove, push it in slightly until it clicks to disengage, then pull it out (just like a SD card holder).

Simple, question answered :).

Back