General Where best for fire extinguisher?

Currently reading:
General Where best for fire extinguisher?

Witzend7

Hi
I usually carry an extinguisher in my cars. With limited space, where's best to put it and do people fix a bracket or just put in a tray/box?
Thanks

Hi
I usually carry an extinguisher in my cars. With limited space, where's best to put it and do people fix a bracket or just put in a tray/box?
Thanks
I have one of those flexible boot 'organizer' things and keep such in that. It contains a rechargeable starter battery, raincoat etc as well. Advantage is that if I need the room I can just lift it out whole.

There's nowhere in the cabin where it wouldn't get in the way and I wouldn't fancy it breaking free in a prang and flying around.

I have one of those flexible boot 'organizer' things and keep such in that. It contains a rechargeable starter battery, raincoat etc as well. Advantage is that if I need the room I can just lift it out whole.

There's nowhere in the cabin where it wouldn't get in the way and I wouldn't fancy it breaking free in a prang and flying around.
Cheers

Bolt it to the back of the rear seat sheet metal..?

Ralf S.
I did consider that, but it could still be a nuisance if you're folding the seats to get an awkward item into the boot - particularly in the 500C. I carry a folding table from time to time and it needs to sit flat on the back of the seats to allow maximum loading area. Even just the bracket could be a problem. Mounting the extinguisher in the corner under the boot light was about as out-of-the-way as I could manage.

Lidls anaf unit fit snugly in the rear footwell longer screw to replace the original side trim screw and jobs a good one in a knock if the bracket flexes it will hit the seat rail and go nowhere far .. alternative is a velcro holder in the passenger footwell.. pics to follow

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220506-174832.png

Back