When is a police car not a police car

Currently reading:
When is a police car not a police car

When its a Marea JTD :D

To what point could I make up the Marea like a police car until I was likely to get told off? Paint white? Fluresent stripes down the sides? High vis rear?

Just a wacky thought about what to do with the dents and scratches I thought do it out like a police car (without the lights of course) and have the FF logo instead of the police shield..

Ideas and advice (especially legal) please?

Other option is to have it done like an Italian bobby.

lit_Fiatmar.jpg

SkinzCinqSproting said:
Redline have done it with their office volvo, google it.

saw this @ donny i think.

and rob, if frank comes on FF and has any ideas about doing this to the stilo then you in trouble ;)

What a great idea Hellcat!(y) Just think of all the traffic on the motorway that would see you comin up behind em and move over for you:eek: Then just as you coast by they notice that your a fiat forum officer LOL!:D
Cant see how it would be illegal as long as you havent got the blue lights:confused: ! Theres a hell of alot of motorway maintenance etc vehicles on the road nowadays with them high visibility stripes on and its quite obvious what they want people to think they are:rolleyes: !

Hellcat said:
I'll have to be on my best behaviour though if I got it done. No getting a power trip and pretending to be PC Hellcat. :nono:

Bunny might like the uniform...:p

think would be quit funky to see the end result but you would have to make sure you did all your research first.

does the redline one get used regularly or is it just for show purposes?

I know there is an offence of impersonating a police officer - but never heard of impersonating a police car. Really all cars should have high vis rear ends, especially useful if you break down.

Plus if I really wanted to impersonate a police car I'd buy a Skoda VRS or a Volvo V60.

Hellcat said:
Would that depend on if they were/could be used while driving? Thought you could have blue lights/neons providing the car was stationary?

well when frank had the blue light behind his front grille i got spoken to by an officer who said blue,red or white coloured neons etc are a nono on any car. at this time was parked up outside the takeaway and he drove past turned round and came back to tell me to disconnect it. :rolleyes:

i think there was an inference of actually using it out on the road which was what i reacted to, dont forget the wording the legislation is broad in that "likely to cause a person to beleive", could include lights behind a grille, not really worth it in case you do get pulled...

Wouldn't be daft enough to put blue lights on while driving. Blue washer jets are a pet hate of mine. If I even considered lights they would be hard wired to only work when the ignition was off. Strictly private property toys. If an officer asked I'd be straight up with him. Got nothing to hide.

bulldog5046 said:
oww, so if they dont like you they can do you, i get it.....

not quite......its intepretation of a piece of legislation, i cant remember a test case, but i certainly wouldnt want to be the one trying it! also consider this, say it was found, what do you think could reasonably happen next? a thorough examination of your vehicle......

Back