Technical when i turn on the air cinditioner,the acceleration decreases,RPM falls,why?

Currently reading:
Technical when i turn on the air cinditioner,the acceleration decreases,RPM falls,why?

Chelsawy

i have fiat palio 1.4 , whenever i turn on the air conditioner , i feel that the engine power is droped , the acceleration is decreased , why is this ??!!
Also , once the air conditioner is on , the RPM is slightly decreased ( normaly it is at 800 , when air conditioner is on it falls down to 700 or even lower )
another question , the spark plugs are now working for 37000 km , does this has any relation to the situation of the air conditioner ?? cuz the decrease in the acceleration is more obvious the last 7000 - 8000 km ?

is ther any solution to restore the normal acceleration of the car ?

This is normal...switching on the air con will use up around 8bhp.Switch it off when not required aswell as for fuel consumption reasons.

thanks bro , but the problem is the increase of power loss lately , there was decrease in the acceleration but not that much .

what do you think of that ??
also should i change the spark plugs or can they continue more millage ? and do they have any relation to the air conditioner ?
why the air conditioner takes that power from the engine , is it electrical reason ( drop in the spark intensity ) or just mechanical ??!!

mechanical....its connected via belt to crank pulley.....you dont notice it on large engine cars but do on smaller engines.

Change plugs every 2 years or 24K miles,they are cheap anyway so no harm in changing them,check HT lleads aswell.

first of all , thanks a lot for you help .

yeah ,got it , also the belt is changed at 40000 km , but i thought it might have a relation to the electric system ,
anyway , what should i do now to restore the lost performance ?
the air filter is clean , should i change the spark wires with sport ones or they won't make a difference ? i've never changed them , the installed are the factory wires .
any other ideas to increase the acceleration ?

Hello , anybody there !!
what should i do for the drop in the RPM ?

It's solved (y) (y) (y) (y)

the decrease in acceleration : the air filter is changed by a new one , the acceleration increased obviously .

the drop in RPM : i went to the service center , they told me that there is oxygen sensor ( or something like that ) needs to be cleaned , they cleaned it by using carbeurator cleaner spray , now when i turn on the A/C the RPM increases to compensate the effect of the A/C . (y)

one more thing , they said that i have to change the spark plugs to increase the acceleration & to improve the fuel consumption , when i have them changed i will tell you the results ;)

The RPM dropping is a clear sign that the air intake was blocked, this usually has an effect that when you turn on the AC , the load on the engine increases and thereby acceleration / pickup decreases! however, the RPM increases. The o2 sensor is connected to the ECU that controls the amount of air that is let into the engine during compression.

Congratiulations , Let us know whats up when u change the plugs .

BTW notice , that this Forum is British , and there's No Palio/Sienna/Albea in the UK .. so most users lurking here are far far away from the UK .. thats why its not so ... alive .

Back