General wheels

Currently reading:
General wheels

jamespunto

hi i just got a punto 1.2 elx 8v for my first car and i really want to change some things on it. firstly can any one tell me what size alloy wheels i shoud get as someone said if you apply differetn size wheels to the standard ones (15" i think) then it can affect the spedo?!

secondly to make it LOUD then is a whole exhaust system needed or just a tip/trim? as i am on a fairly tight budget :(

finally can anyone please tell me the actual spec of the car i.e 0-60 and top speed as i have heard many differetn versions

many thanks

james :D

Hey mate the original steel wheels are 14". I have put 16" on if you put 17" on then it will become alot slower tbh plus 16" don;t rub when lowered! If it I have seen no change in my speedo infact when i am doing 30mph i'm probably doing a bit less as there are more rotations of the wheels than with the 14" wheels. They should be balanced when you get them tho.

As for exhaust get a whole system! Don't bother just getting a tip for it its pointless. Save up and get a decent system. Your induction kit (Which i done a quick guide to for you on your last post) will give the car a bit more noise anyway!

My top speed in the punto 1.2 8v is 100 on the motorway but started to rattle!

hi, i have a x reg 1.2 8v and fiat say that 0-60 is 14ish seconds but i have timed 12.3 myself ;) thats standard with no modifications

top speed is about the 100 mark but down a hill on the M62 110 can be achieved. . . obviously i haven't done this myself lol

cheers mate by exhaust system u mean back box yeah?

The backbox is part of the exhaust system.
The system goes exhaust manifold, downpipe, catalytic convertor, middle section, backbox, tailpipe.
Getting a noiser exhaust could be simple acheived by changing the backbox for a more free-flowing one...though that doesn't always give more power.

The backbox is part of the exhaust system.
The system goes exhaust manifold, downpipe, catalytic convertor, middle section, backbox, tailpipe.
Getting a noiser exhaust could be simple acheived by changing the backbox for a more free-flowing one...though that doesn't always give more power.

Exactly as he says! Depends how much money you have and if you want the performance to go along with it!

Back