Styling Wheels - Seicento

Currently reading:
Styling Wheels - Seicento

Hi,

I've got a Seicento Sporting and have focused on improving the car technically, however i've never really contemplated some different wheels.

I like the standard 13" ones for their strength, no nonsense no scraping/knocking once lowered and reasonably aerodynamic design.

However out of interest :

Would 6.5 x 15 wheels fit
PCD 98
ET 35

I know the standard is pcd 98 et 36

could you make these fit, without modifying the bodywork?

The car is on a -40mm suspension kit.

Also what spacers/bolts would i need?

Wheels I've never looksed into as I say, so excuse my lack of knowlege with this post.

Many Thanks

J

15" rim are find depending what tyres you put on you'll need spacers around 5mm on the front to get them right. Bolt length... contested issue here! use your old bolts and see if they'll fit make sure you get lots of turns on the bolt before it seats finger tight on the wheel...

EDIT: oh 14"... same deal but marginally less tyre hassle

Thanks for the quick reply is no one able to tell me excactly what spacers/bolts i would need?

6.5 x 14 and i would be running lowest possible profile available 40 or 45, maybe 185 width, possible 195.

Would this be a major hassle?

OK you have in creased the width oof the wheel by 1" over all, so the off-set of the wheel is completly different. To understand, the offset is a measuement to the mounting face from the centre line of wheel, so if it has a different width the centre line is in realtion to mounting face is different see here to understand http://www.tyresave.co.uk/choose.html

I believe that Sei Sporting wheels in 13" are ET 27, but on the 14" Abarth wheels they are ET36 but with 10mm spacers on front only so ET26 this prevents the front wheels catching on the suspension and the rears rubbing on arches.

Use this as a base and I'd expect to fit no spacers at back, and maybe anything from 5-10mm front only to ensure you get the full turning action of the wheels without hitting anything suspension related. Its always better to have extra track on a front wheel drive car as this promotes less understeer, you will find most cars have this built in but increasing on it can do no harm.

185/50R14 is okay but 185/55R14 is where it's at... Conti Premium Contact & it a Bridgestone RE720 profile too... I've had 195 tyres on my Sei twice and tbh there's virtually no grip difference between 175 and 195 but the 175s let go more progressively I assume the 185s will be in the middle.

A 185/55 is too high a profile, the 185/50 is same over all diameter but with lower side wall so has larger contact area.

TBH on a 6.5 J wheel i would go 195/45, this is what i run on a 6J wheel, broader tyre, lower sidewall so stiffer, even bigger contact area but benefits from being smaller again in diameter so closer to original size therefore gearing no put out by as much as the 185 size tyres.

See here for size differance http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

185/50 is the right profile but tyre selection is low :( 185/55 is a more standard profile so has much better selection of tyres to chose from

StoneNewt said:
185/50 is the right profile but tyre selection is low :( 185/55 is a more standard profile so has much better selection of tyres to chose from

Yeah true 185/55 have most options and is cheapest, but 195/45 has more options than 185/50 and is cheaper.

Ok so not quite the same tyre as the Sport Contact is a higher performace tyre, but didn't want to go through everyone to get the exact same tyre in every size

Continental
Summer tyres PremiumContact
185/55 R14 80H With mytyres.co.uk only £ 50.90

Continental
Summer tyres SportContact
185/50 R14 77V with rim protection * With mytyres.co.uk only £ 57.50

Continental
Summer tyres SportContact
195/45 R14 77V with rim protection * With mytyres.co.uk only £ 52.50

True, true. However different treads from the same manu' make a huge difference SportsContact are great dry road tyre, however I found them less than sure footed and predictable in the wet on the Punto. Other people swear by them... this is why I prefer to keep my options open.

Thank you both of you for your inputs most appreciated.

So they will fit on as in on the hub?? fundementally then I take it this is the 4 x 98 relevance otherwise wobbly bolts for 4 x100. Then its simply a question of getting the right spacers to make the offset correct.

If I am adding an inch to the standard offset, surely I would need to take the offset for the aftermarket wheels which is 35 and add an inch? Making 45??

Or am i missung the point, i'm a hopeless cause when it comes down to this!

I understand, just need the spacers question sorted! Cheers

98x4 will be fine, if it's too small you can make spigot rings, if it's too small you can have them machined out, I found that the offset really needs to be different front and rear so spacers are a must... getting the right ones can be less than easy though

Back