General Wheel trims

My wheel trims will need replacing soon. The ones I got were £4.99+VAT (for four), but they don't seem to be as robust as the original FIAT ones. They seem to have been worn over time from grit, and don't look so good now. My original FIAT ones were badly scuffed from the previous owner, but didn't appear to be erroded from grit. Has anybody else found that the FIAT ones are more robust. Do you think it's worth paying £31 for a set of FIAT ones?

cheaper wheel trims really do go crappy quickly. they tend to be softer and not have a gooda finish, as for the price of the fiat ones, depends if you like them and want to pay that much. they will probably kook better than non fiat ones in my opinion but then i aint paying £31 :D

if it was me, i'd buy cheaper ones that looked better, even if they dont last as long :)

how long did the £5 set last?

winter ends soon, so not as much grit (y)

The younger modder

As bad as it sounds go the scrap yard if you find a decent set the scrappy eill probably only charge £5 to £10 max and they do look smarter and last longer and there bolted on so tea leafs cant nick em

OP
OP
Advanced Driver
joecinq said:
if it was me, i'd buy cheaper ones that looked better, even if they dont last as long :)

how long did the £5 set last?

winter ends soon, so not as much grit (y)

The cheap ones probably lasted around a year until they looked a bit dull.

OP
OP
Advanced Driver
The younger modder said:
As bad as it sounds go the scrap yard if you find a decent set the scrappy eill probably only charge £5 to £10 max and they do look smarter and last longer and there bolted on so tea leafs cant nick em

They're probably gonna be scuffed at a scrappy though :(

a YEAR! not bad at all for a fiver :D I'm not too hot on what trims are good, so hopefully someone will be able to recommend a decent set.

only advice i got is....stay away from spinners (y)

Last edited:

CrazyArchie

i payed 15.99 for mine and they are abit scuffed and scrapped.... but they look ok wen cleaned up... ther from halford (y)

Wrexham_Lager

bloody hell! - over 30 sheets for some wheel trims!! :eek:

id get some alloys off ebay for a bit more and be done with it!! - there were some seicento ones on there for £80 buy it now the other day....

...i would have had them myself but it was collection only, and Ipswich is a long way from North Wales!!

OP
OP
Advanced Driver
Wrexham_Lager said:
bloody hell! - over 30 sheets for some wheel trims!! :eek:

id get some alloys off ebay for a bit more and be done with it!! - there were some seicento ones on there for £80 buy it now the other day....

...i would have had them myself but it was collection only, and Ipswich is a long way from North Wales!!

Yeah, but for that price they're not gonna be as good as new are they, and you've got delivery/collection too. On top of that there will be a jump in insurace costs!

Helz

Forum moderator
I agree with Wrexham man. Buy yourself some cheap trims to be going on with and save up for some alloys. Slightly scuffed or not they look better than the wheel trims. Insurance doesn't always go up - depends on your company. Best thing I ever did :).