Technical Wheel hub????

Currently reading:
Technical Wheel hub????

Fearn

Hi I have a faint noise on the front wheels for every wheel turn like it were a stone stuck in the tire or something. I took the nearside wheel off and notice the brake disc wobbles slightly. How is the disc attached to the hub because the part where the drive shaft attaches also moves and is loose. When I put the wheel back on and tightened nuts the wheel still moved slightly which I imagined should not be the case. Is this due to bearing failure? Do I need a new hub?? Thanks for any answers.

prob not jus a bearing replacement, you would only need a hub if bearing colapse. you could try tightening it as long as you dont have a wering at 40mph(y)

No I don't think any weering at 40mph so unless the hub just needs tightening I dont know what else it could be. I'm trying to visualize how it all goes together any pictures would be useful. I'm trying to find a spanner for the nut, no luck yet, is it 1 1/2 inch? Thanks

No I don't think any weering at 40mph so unless the hub just needs tightening I dont know what else it could be. I'm trying to visualize how it all goes together any pictures would be useful. I'm trying to find a spanner for the nut, no luck yet, is it 1 1/2 inch? Thanks

32mm off the top of my head 280nm or ft to term an expression

Thanks, are the bearings a very tight fit? I see a cir clip holds them in place.

On one of the other wheel related posts I believe he said the socket size was 36 mm as he had to buy one from halfords this was for the nut inside the brake disc centre

Well its all been done now, and yes I believe it is 36 mm, I bought a 35mm socket and had to hammer it over the nut.

Back