General Wheel arches

Currently reading:
General Wheel arches

bredsticz

I like to be different!
Can you get wheel arches for puntos? Never seen one with them but wondered!

Also wheel spacers - if I was to get 20mm spacers. Do I just need 20mm longer bolts?

Also is a spacer just a chunk of metal between wheel and hub?

You could cut the wings and inset a strip (like they do on rally cars) so the wing steps out. It does mess up the airflow. and the wing liners wont fit any more.

Spacers overload the wheel bearings and they mess up the steering geometry. 20mm is a serious step-out but just need longer bolts (not cheap). They also add unsprung weight so further affect the handling.

You could cut the wings and inset a strip (like they do on rally cars) so the wing steps out. It does mess up the airflow. and the wing liners wont fit any more.

Spacers overload the wheel bearings and they mess up the steering geometry. 20mm is a serious step-out but just need longer bolts (not cheap). They also add unsprung weight so further affect the handling.

So it's not worth it then, also don't get how you would cut the wing and insert a step :S

Definitely not worth adding spacers. As said before, the wheel bearings will fail very prematurely, and the steering will be poor. On top of that though, you will dial in an extra 20mm scrub radius on the front wheels, something likely to generate magic smoke from the power steering.

Back