whats the point

Currently reading:
whats the point

dillinger39

Established member
whats the point of those little spoilers on windscreens

i heard they help keep the pressure on the windows to allow for a better wipe at high speeds.

the moral of the story is to drive at 70 mph

then you don't need them.

excessive speeding is against the law

and any one who does speed (gutted if you get flashed)

plus to maintain control you should be driving slower in the rain

to ensure correct control of the car

dillinger39 said:
the moral of the story is to drive at 70 mph

then you don't need them.

excessive speeding is against the law

and any one who does speed (gutted if you get flashed)

I found I don't need my wipers at all so I removed them - if I stay over 130mph (see avatar) the rain usually blows straight off.

It's better for the environment as I'll use less rubber and less detergent in the screenwash, plus the car is more aerodynamic without them and will use less fuel.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
I found I don't need my wipers at all so I removed them - if I stay over 130mph (see avatar) the rain usually blows straight off.

It's better for the environment as I'll use less rubber and less detergent in the screenwash, plus the car is more aerodynamic without them and will use less fuel.

Hes right!

I do this, you can see so much more at +100mph. but when I do it its safe because I've fitted sports suspension (shocks and Springs) Sport Rain Tyres (So I don't have to brake around corners in the rain to help maintain the required +100mph and sports brakes just incase the need to stop arises. (y)

Who wants to come driving with me?

i will happily cruise at 65 when it rains and 70 when its dry

(but i can be a little naughty sometimes)

Stuart DemonD said:
Yeah, thats right - at speed, the last thing you want is the wiper lifting off the screen....

as i found out on the way to gaydon :eek: i had no spring on the drivers side wiper arm and over 50mph the blade didn't even touch the screen!!! fitted new arm today though so all is now safe (y)

and trance i will go for a drive with you if you come for a drive with me :D

Trancendental said:
Are you sure Dazz? You do realise you only live up the road :D

we should meet up then, what car you wanna go for a spin in?....choice of 3, the tipo, the gt or if your brave enough and you think you can handle the speed........the 999cc fiat uno :D (y)

My laguna blades have to have spoilers as standard, thought they look good rather than being chavvy since they are black and nicely moulded.

Back