General whats the best type of ..

Currently reading:
General whats the best type of ..

Doesn't matter at all which brand or design you go for, as long as they are the right length and taper on the head of the bolt.

The only difference is the security head design. Try to go for ones that use a 'grooved design on the outside edge of the bolt head', these are stronger than the 'pins that go in the head of the bolt' type.

I'd also avoid the ones which have a spinning cover over the head of the bolt with holes in that you have to line up with the holes underneath and then get the pin type tool to match with, a total faff.

I'd personally look for a set from FIAT. They can't be much more tha £20 a set?

Finally, any of the security bolts can be removed without the correct tool, it just takes longer! Go for something that is simple and has a solid looking key. Many moons ago I had a Ford Saph and it had locking whel nuts that used a key literally, the key went into a lock ona wheel nut and you just unscrewed the lock using the key. Surfice to say the first time I tried to remove the things the key broke in the lock as it had rusted off and I had to remove it by brute force.

Back