Technical What's normal turbo boost pressure of Stilo?

Currently reading:
Technical What's normal turbo boost pressure of Stilo?

Martinov

Hi to all! :)

I'm new here, and it's pleasure for me! :)

I have questions - last night I used MES to take a look at boost pressure, and I saw that it's too high (in my opinion). It was 1907 mbar at 3800 rpm on 3rd gear. I did measurment almost sea level (I live at the Black sea's city). My questions are:
1. Is there possible fault of MAP sensor?
2. What is the maximum values of the Stilo's MAP sensor?
3. Is it possible problem with turbo's geometry or something else with turbo?
4. Is there possible this measurment to be a normal for 1.9 JTD withot remap?

Тhanks in advance and i'm sorry if that theme is already exist! :)

Last edited:
its absolute pressure vs relative.
at sea level your sensor should read near enough 1000mbar(depending on weather conditions)
so id guess your max boost values , expect to see around 2300mbar or so which is boost pressure of 1300mbar or so
key on, engine off should give real manifold (map) pressure and see if its close to absolute pressure on mes(expect within 10mbar of atmospheric)
with the engine running it could be slightly above or below depending on a few variables like throttle plate / egr / filter condition / turbo vnt etc
but maybe 10-20mbar above atmospheric reading ok
your map sensor will read 2500mbar (if 115hp) 3000mbar(if 150hp) no idea of the others.

thanks for the fast answer!
i.e. this pressure which saw last night is normal?

I saw this on 2nd (in the beginning) and 3rd gear (at last):

Attachments

• air_flow_sens_bosch.jpg
    air_flow_sens_bosch.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Actually I think... isn't normal... actually is little bit lower than normal values for this Stilo. Thanks a lot! When the weather get warm, I'll execute the egr and will see new measurments.

Back