General What's my car worth?

Currently reading:
General What's my car worth?

Team Green

We have just been told that following a head on crash at about 20-25mph with a Navaro who was on the wrong side of the road that our Punto will be written off. Luckily both my wife and son are ok apart from a lot of very vivid bruises and very painfull whiplash injuries. Hopefully the police will prosecute the moron who couldn't even excuse his stupidity by being drunk.
The problem we now have is getting a fair price from the insurance company so if anyone could give us an idea of its worth please. It is an August 2001 Punto 1.2 16v ELX Automatic with just 38,000 miles on the clock.

Thanks everyone

Don't forget to claim for the whiplash injuries get proof from the hospital, around 3k each is about the going rate, good to hear they are ok sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Hi everyone,
thanks for the advice, at least we can now make sure that we get a fair price for the car. We paid a bit extra on the insurance for legal protection and as soon as we told Privilege Insurance about the crash they said their legal team will contact us to sort out all we can claim for and personal injuries are high on their list.

Its worth having a chiropractor look at the whiplash. They are great with necks. My mum would have been disabled years ago by a rigid neck** without a chiropractor. The cost goes on the insurance who are more than happy because chiros get better results for less money than the medics.

We believe mums problem was caused by a whiplash that happened 15 years before her neck went solid. The chiro keeps it working but what shame she didnt know when she had the accident.

Be careful when using the insurance companies legal team....

When I had a non fault injury claim, I had legal protection and they appointed a solicitor for me...Bad move!!! I wont bore you with the details, but basically, Direct line claiming from Churchill when they are both under the Royal Bank of Scotland umbrella, wasn't really in my best interest. So I got rid of the shonky solicitor and appointed my own (which they had to pay for obviously) and he then worked for 'my' interests but it took 18months to get my file from them, which had been put to storage :rolleyes:

Just keep your wits about you :) Best wishes to your wife and child, glad they are ok.

Grannies and eggs mode on...

Dont accept the first offer - they always do better on the second. But refuse that without very good reason and you'll lose-out.

Grannies and eggs mode off...

Back